Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

server 30 2 months 2 days ago #8506

Hi Frank,

Bad news again, it looks like it won't make a new map, even with !voterestart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

server 30 2 months 2 days ago #8507

So doing it in this order:

- !voterestartgame
- Wait for Aphid CB to load
- Server reboots into same map
- !voterestart
- Server restarts into a **new map**

Server is connectable! But it looks like it crashes shortly upon someone connecting.

Then it goes back to the original map.

Hope this helps.

server 30 2 months 1 day ago #8508

All the problems that we are currently seeing (except the map change) all is due to the enlarging of the map from 1024x1024 to 1024x2048.

The FIRS module which is running on Server 30 is unbelievably intensive for the CPU. The server of OpenTTD needs to calculate a LOT more when FIRS is used in comparison to the other gamescripts which are running. Therefore the slow loading times of Aphid's CB is a direct result of the map enlargement. It simply needs to calculate almost 2 times as much when starting the game.

Also the crash after the server has started: problem is the mapsize for sure!

server 30 1 month 2 weeks ago #8515

Played the second game after update, and the same situation as the first time - script stopped working after goods delivery at population around 4k.

server 30 1 month 2 weeks ago #8516

I installed a "new" (or at least newer) version of Aphids CB on Server30 to play with. Let's see how it runs and if it crashes in a long game.

I have only tested the beginning phase, that seems to work well!

Let me know how things are running please! :-)

Last edit: by Frank.

server 30 1 month 2 weeks ago #8523

Unfortunately script on server 30 is not working well after update. It still crashes (mostly in early game). Second thing is that the script checks demands very rarely (like once in 3 minutes), and also requirements that should be for one month are like for 3 months (for example there is production of BM like 2k/month and deliveries that script checks are like 6k) - every game I got like 10x more deliveries than needed by script and use to play like before. Stopping town growth takes like 5-8 min, towns can grow up to 17-18k before game checks the winner. Goal progress info is also not working. I don't think there was the newest version of script before, as the last version doesnt show demands in town window when theres more than 3 demands (checked it on the single games but it crashes every game at some point - checked it at 13.4 openttd ver).

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 server 30 - Page 4 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.