Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

server 30 3 months 2 weeks ago #8489

Hi Frank,

Server hasn't demonstrated any issues for me, been playing for the last three days after a six month break. All of the issues we talked about in the past don't seem to be going on anymore.

Any thoughts on putting the server back to original map size now for testing?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

server 30 3 months 2 weeks ago #8490

Ho Dogballs420,

I have transferred server 30 to a new physical server.
A few more servers have been moved there, but also this server is not powerfull enough to host such big maps, especially with FIRS.

The server as it is now has 1024x1024. I have the idea that this is big enough. What would be the reason to even make it more bigger?

Good to know at least that the server runs without problems, but it was due to the FIRS module taking up lots of resources on the server. I would like to prevent getting into trouble again by enlarging the map again.

Thanks

Frank

server 30 3 months 2 weeks ago #8491

Hi Frank,

The map did indeed used to be bigger. I understand your reasons for making it smaller.
However, as others in this thread have posted, there are far less industries, there are indeed far less bulk terminals.
I have also noticed that because the map is so small the distribution of industries are very different, especially around the edge of the map.
In the past because of the size there would be way more opportunities for a good starting location.

Up to you if you want to switch it back, but I would hope now that the issues are gone we could give it a go?

Thanks!

server 30 3 months 2 weeks ago #8492

Hi Dogballs420,

I believe the original size was something like 1024x2048 right?
I will make the map that size again and then we will see how the server will hold up.

Best,

Frank

server 30 3 months 2 weeks ago #8493

Thank you for making the map bigger again. The smaller map was not enough for more than 2-3 players play without war for resources. Yesterday (smaller map) I was beetween 2 players and both of them made a conflict with me claiming that resources I take belongs to them and started competing against rules (admin came in and one of them got banned as the situation escalated). Hope the server keeps running without issues.

server 30 3 months 2 weeks ago #8494

Thanks Max1988 for your message.

Please do let me know in this thread if something is out of the ordinary (Server not working properly)

Have fun!

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 server 30 - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.