Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

GlobeD 11 years 9 months ago #1044

So... Just because !voterestart doesn't go through .. He decides to restart the game on his own right now?

What kind of bullshit is this? BTPro? You can leave the Pro bit out of that.
  • xyz
  • xyz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
The topic has been locked.

Re: GlobeD 11 years 9 months ago #1045

xyz,

Please, before you shout of the roof that GlobeD is an ass... Could you please explain briefly what happened exactly so that we can undertake action if appropriate?

About that part on the Pro bit in BTPro: Sorry, but no comment (for now)

Let me know

Best regards,

Frank
Server Admin
Last edit: by Frank.

Re: GlobeD 11 years 9 months ago #1048

Started playing on server #1 ... There was another company with a white color, leading but AFK.

It was 1995 and I started my company, immediately got a nice startup profit and was extending my company.

Suddenly this GlobeD person joined and started a !voterestart. I refused to vote for a restart and the rest didn't want to restart too.. In the meantime another player joined and started a new company (name Rondenz or something) .. Another two voterestarts followed and some chatting going on from this GlobeD that I have to accept the voterestart because this is too late in the game and resources have dropped too much or even disappeared. I said cities grew nicely. Well., long story short...

All of a sudden he says if I have something final to say because he was going to force a restart...

And then bam, restart.

I found out later that he actually is an admin!?

People with such ego should never have extra rights to do stuff.

And why the hell am I explaining all this? Are there no server logs either? My god.

I'm really pissed off and not going to play anymore here with such people around only thinking of themselves.
  • xyz
  • xyz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Last edit: by xyz.

Re: GlobeD 11 years 9 months ago #1049

xyz,

Nice story, thanks...

GlobeD is indeed a admin, but stuff like this is NOT allowed as admin and will talk to him that this is not the meaning of being an admin...

That said: you sound like you own this server or something... You have to understand that this server only exists because of people including me who would like to do something for others. We are NOT making any money with this shit, so your tone is a little bit out of league according to me. Dont act like you have ANY rights on this server over others, because you actually dont have!

Anyways, do what you like, i will talk to globed regarding this, other than that i can't do much.

Best regards,

Frank

Re: GlobeD 11 years 9 months ago #1050

xyz,

After reading you're message, I have taken action to remove GlobeD's admin rights from the game. Hence he will not be able to perform any actions including that of restarting a server from our irc channel. The only way that he can still do it is by using the !voterestart command ingame. Hence requires the majority vote in order to be passed.

I'm sorry to hear about your frustration with this, and it saddens me that his impatience to play has potentially caused you, to stop wanting to play on our servers. You can rest assured that we take matters like this very seriously. This is an isolated issue and does not reflect the behaviour of the whole admin team.

Hope to see you around in the near future,

cxc
Server Admin
  • cxc
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

Re: GlobeD 11 years 9 months ago #1051

Frank,

I see that you have been about and responding to forum messages but seem to have not replied to my private message I sent you 4 days ago in some concern I had in regards to the action taken by an admin.

Is my message the reason why I have also not been acknowledged for the second donation I made 5 days ago? As I see now that apparently although a member of this fine server and community website, I have no rights.

I completely understand a bit of a protective response to xyz's post here toward the tone he has used. Having been an administrator of my own free gaming league many many years ago I get that it can only operate with the assistance of admin's who are willing to volunteer their time. This is the reason I chose not to air my grievances with the particular admin in the public forum. However I don't think it really justifies your response - but what do I know, I have no rights.

Interestingly, I believe that in my message to you I was absolutely polite all the way and gave no such tone. Yet, xyz receives a response back and my message seems to be disregarded.

But, I guess I shouldn't expect a response. I have no rights.

I understand that now and will continue to play despite this knowledge for as long as I'm welcome and continue to enjoy it, but do not expect any further donations from me and good luck getting donations from others if they feel that admins believe that the community website's members have no rights.

cxc: Congratulations on a more suitable, moderator like response. Perhaps I should have come to you instead.
Last edit: by CitySide.
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 GlobeD - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.