Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: GlobeD 11 years 9 months ago #1053

and cityside. you sent a private message. while you should have posted here instead. because i do not read franks private messages. and frank himself is a pretty busy man these days.
Keeping BTPro.nl servers troll and cheat-free! beware!
  • Ivanoz
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • There is no spoon!
  • Thank you received: 2
The topic has been locked.

Re: GlobeD 11 years 9 months ago #1054

Cityside,

Your message is quite unfair to us, however it seems you have been left in the dark. So please let me explain the sequence of events. I start with your pm to Frank.

It would be 4 days ago when Frank received your donation and pm. He happily mentioned it to all of us (in the late evening) that you had donated again, for which we are all very grateful. He then proceeded to read your pm followed by a discussion with me on the matter. This is the point where Frank went to bed. I therefore took the neccessary actions that were required regarding the matter of your pm and after a long talk, all had been resolved on the day of your pm.

Since we have all been very busy lately with numerous of issues, certain things have slipped our minds. Something that I personally must do is update the changelogs for all the servers, since over the past week I've made some minor and major changes regarding gameplay (minor) and goal sizes (major - long goal to 1 billion euros).

Also your messsage has nothing to do with the reasoning you haven't had a second acknowledgement for a donation. We will get round to it, Frank is the one that usually does it, however he has not been able to be as active as he would like to be! In fact I'll do a message right now after I finish this post.

Now the GlobeD situation. Many things have happened which I will not go into detail about. But most noteable his lack of actual admin'ing over the past months, and his continueous !voterestarts for a fresh map have gotten him into trouble, since he does it for his own benefit. Today was the last straw quite frankly, hence I took action. If he can prove to me that he still wants his rights then he will have to earn them in future. (I see Ivanoz beat me to explaining this whilst typing this message)

In addition to xyz's comments in this thread, you have to understand that there is a level of frustration on both sides. It's not nice for players to attack us no matter how angrgy at a situation since we give up ALOT of our spare time to make this work, and to be enjoyable for you all. Donations are greatly appreciated because we simply could not afford to keep them running ourselves. Without our current admin team there would be no BTPro so please always bare with us before taking frustrations out on us. You can also drop into our IRC channel anytime to talk about issues you have.

I do not understand our community website members having no rights however. What rights are you referring too? Please note that any issue brought up in the forum will be answered by a member of the admin team at some point during the day or next. I do understand the nature of your message that you wished it be kept private to avoid any unpleasantries. Hence in future if you do not wish to put it in the forum please provide a pm to Frank and a copy to either me or Ivanoz. Since not all of us are on each night, which means it may take slightly longer to get a reply.

I hope I covered everything in this post, if not, please come onto IRC and we can discuss if further if you wish.

Regards,

cxc
Server Admin
  • cxc
  • Thank you received: 35

Re: GlobeD 11 years 9 months ago #1055

I disagree that I should have posted in the forum instead. The forum has a section for Player Complaints, not Admin Complaints - and nor should it.

Prior to my issue with an admin, I had never had any interaction with that person before and for all I know, could be a fantastic administrator. I do not believe that I needed to publically discuss my disatisfaction with certain actions taken, hence why I chose to private message. I prefer to show a bit of respect to those who volunteer their time so that we can have an operational server.

I also understand that Frank might be a busy man but my point was that he had come to this message and responded to someone who was quite negative and a little disrespectful - as well as posting on other threads, yet I have had no response to my message from 4 days ago where I believe I was being respectful and polite, or acknowledgement that the donation I gave 5 days ago was received.

My other point was that I find the response of "you have no rights" to be disappointing.

Re: GlobeD 11 years 9 months ago #1056

cxc: I have just read your response that you posted while I was typing mine. Thank you for your response and I shall discuss further with you when I have the chance to on irc or private.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting that I have all these rights - but neither did xyz so I don't really see how such a response was required.

Re: GlobeD 11 years 9 months ago #1059

I don't actually recall saying anywhere in my post that due to my donation I had earnt something. I do however like to know that if I'm going to part with money, that it has been received. I appreciate that a post has now gone up in the forum but that was not my point.

Re: GlobeD 11 years 9 months ago #1060

Topic Locked - Reason: Getting alittle off course from the main issue.
  • cxc
  • Thank you received: 35
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 GlobeD - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.