Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: GlobeD 11 years 8 months ago #1061

Allright, I know this topic is locked, but I just want to clear something out to CitySide:

CitySide, could you please read my reaction to xyz again? because you said I wrote that users don't have ANY rights, but the thing I actually wrote was:

"Dont act like you have ANY rights on this server over others" (please note the last 2 words)

So, I think that you misjudged my reaction to xyz a little bit in my eyes. If someone should have any rights "over others", they should be called "admins" right? ;-)

I opened this topic again (sorry cxc, no offence :)) just to make it possible to react to what i'm saying now, but please understand that I DO respect ALL our users very much and that I don't want to hurt anyone with my forum postings.

That said CitySide: If you have time to come to IRC anytime soon, please feel free to drop in, I would LOVE to clarify my responses to you a little and why everything takes or took so long.

Thanks

Frank
The topic has been locked.

Re: GlobeD 11 years 8 months ago #1063

What can I say? That's highly embarrissing that I completely misread that and went on my own little tangent. I cannot believe no one else picked me up on that! :blink:

Prior to you pointing that out I had since apologised for my reaction via private however you are probably due a public apology! So I do apologise for my dramatic reaction.

As mentioned I was just a bit frustrated that I hadn't received a response and yet this rather rude posting had.

All cleared up now and will chat to you on irc.

CitySide (Taylor)

Re: GlobeD 11 years 8 months ago #1064

Sorry for my tone. I host games myself too, just not openTTD because I kind of have an idea about the amount of work behind it. Scripting, making a web frontend .. All not that easy and the amount of players which play openTTD in general are .. In my eyes... Not interesting enough to do all that work for. Must be really really a fan of TTD to design and maintain all that, so kudos!

But anyhow, I was a bit frustrated that an admin misused his rights in such a bad way and I had to explain the situation while I expected some server chatlog at least... And I had an earlier small collision with Peta before about something minor. Got a little bit the feeling that as player you don't get respected that good here and that people with admin rights 'own' the place instead of just maintaining it. I understand the no rights thing and stuff but players also make the servers. If there are no players it's also a bit pointless to run empty servers isn't it?

Well anyway... Will start another company and have some fun. Thanks for taking care!

(and CitySide... I sent a message to Frank in private too... In Dutch.. Because I'm Dutch. Think thats why he looked and responded quicker here.. :blush: )
  • xyz
  • xyz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Last edit: by xyz.

Re: GlobeD 11 years 8 months ago #1065

Guys, I'm happy we figured this out, really...

xyz, action has been taken towards GlobeD, to be honest I completely understand the reaction that you gave, I would also be pissed if you've taken the time to build something nice and some guy just took it away like it is nothing... so that problem is now out of the way (I hope)...
Peta is actually doing a GREAT job as admin, so can't really say much about that. Should there be any problems, please drop into our chat channel (you can reach it with a webbrowser via our "Contact Us" page) and we will sort everything out at the time it is happening ok? :-)

CitySide, again: excuse me for not replying earlier to you, I REALLY don't want or need any public excuses :-) but thanks anyway for it ;-) I hope everything is ok now... If you have any frustrations left, please come have a chat in our IRC room :-)

Hope to see you guys back in-game soon and that we all can live in harmony ;-)

Kisses and hugs ;-)

Frank

Re: GlobeD 11 years 8 months ago #1066

Hello.
Since i am a bad guy,i would like to say smthng in my defence.
There were 4 players online.The top player was AFK long time ago,the other 2 had just began and i was the 4th.xyz said every time i play,the game is just unplayable, so i guess that was the reason for him to refuse map restart(no other obvious reason).The time he had spend before the restart was ~ 1 game year(13minz),u guys know what can be done for 15 minz playing,dont you?
The guy was against me,not against map restart,so the only think to be lost or hurted was his feelings.
There was not other reasonable argument for this game to be continued(since it was more than 10 years after game start,10% completed by top player,and more than 20 years needed for the game to be done).
I am sorry for hurting your feelings xyz(nothing personal),but i then told u that this is SHORT goal server,and u can visit the LONG GOAL server,to make sure u will have a LONG game(there were max 15 minz since u were started).
I understand u may want to have a LONG game in the SHORT GOAL server(and maybe this is the reason for you to be the only 1 to complain about this night),but if u knew more things about the game,then u would know that restarting the game gives u MUCH better chances(especially when u have just began,what is your case).
But u were busy complaining how good i am,and how bad is this for your game,then to cry it out at the forum, and didnt see the better oppertunity of the new map for YOUR game.Here there is a saying
"I dont care how good i feel,what i care about is how bad the other 1 feels"
Cant say anything else..........so disappointed
()

I tried to stand up against myself.
Alas,I am indomitable!

Re: GlobeD 11 years 8 months ago #1067

You talk nonsense.. The short server does not take 20 years to complete. Especially not in 1995, 4 years before monorail. The first year is the most difficult to generate some start money. I had that. You took it away for ego reasons. You wanted to start a new map because you didn't liked it. And what if the other guy came back from AFK? I minimize frequently too to do other things. And why redirect me to the long server when I just wanted to have a short game before I went to bed?

You do not decide on your own what to do just because you like it that way. This is not supposed to be an obsession you know, if you enter one of the servers and you don't like what you see you can do something else too and check out later. You don't have to tell other people to go to other servers if you don't like what you are seeing.
  • xyz
  • xyz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Last edit: by xyz.
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 GlobeD - Page 3 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.