Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Exploiting a bug 9 years 8 months ago #3238

At least I think it is a bug. At some point you stop all vehicles in town and town will continue to grow (and eventually win) even though you aren't delivering anything.

Why is this allowed? People keep doing this and it's making it unplayable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chiflo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Exploiting a bug 9 years 8 months ago #3239

hello :)

actualy is not a bug, more a game mechanic. How it works:
- When town has the demanded cargos, will try to build new houses (even when some houses not finished yet);
- The count of finished houses (current population) plus the unfinished houses (being built) gives the potential population;
- Many players when see the potential population above the server goal, stop vehicles. Why? because they don't want town to build new buildings (not needed anymore) but only finish the being made (unfinished). Not delivering cargo demanded (stopping vehicles) makes sure that the town don't rebuild an existent building, possibly putting population below the desired goal.

Well, I hope the above lines makes it understandable. And I think there's no way to prevent this so, the best is to know the potential population mentioined above. Vanilla OpenTTD don't provide tools for this, but you can use the BTPro client that gives that value in each town window.

Hope it helps and any doubt, feel free to ask :)

Edit: fair made a screenshot that can help understand what's the current population versus potential population, due the buildings being made (unfinished ones)
*EDIT*: Screenshot removed on request of fair (the author of the screenshot)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mia
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by Frank. Reason: Removed Screenshot

Exploiting a bug 9 years 8 months ago #3240

Even if this was a bug it only makes you finish maybe 2-5min faster. How does that make the game unplayable for you?

You must learn game mechanics, to do so, you have 2 options: read official wiki, especialy section about growing towns or ask other players for advice, either in game or start a forum topic - I bet someone will be kind enough to share some knowledge with you B)

Exploiting a bug 9 years 8 months ago #3242

Hi ST2,

please note that you do not have permissions to use my screenshot any longer. Any previously given indication that you might use this image is invalid and does not enable you to continue using the screenshot.

As you said yourself: "BTPro does not need persons like me", BTPro does not need screenshots from me,
so please remove my screenshot and make your own.

Thanks

Last edit: by fair.

Exploiting a bug 9 years 8 months ago #3243

*** EDIT ***:

Removed my comment for my wrong choice of words... My Bad!!!

Last edit: by Frank.

Exploiting a bug 9 years 8 months ago #3244

Not a bug.. And stopping vehicles i think has no use on btpro as it doesnt make "flag 0" which means "RH stops" which means buildings doesnt disappear or change into bigger buildings for higher pop.

A house that has been placed takes 2.5-3.0 months to finish. thats why people wins no matter if they stop or not stop their stuff.

Its better to not stop on BTpro because IF you have the unluck to get 7900 pop and u havent gathered for the next month u will be wasting another month to just get some more houses which wont finish until 3 months later.

However the larger amount of house count you have the bigger the "big houses town zone" area is going to be which means IF "flag 1" is ON the town will choose a house or many houses that will change when "RH" reaches 0.

This is easier to show in-game and im pretty sure u didnt understand this at all :D

EDIT: After playing a game on APHID FIRS i noticed it does turn "FLAG 0" so stopping has its use but close to none when population aint even above 10k... Ure better off NOT stopping your trucks.

//Saber out!
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

Last edit: by Saber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Exploiting a bug - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.