Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Exploiting a bug 9 years 8 months ago #3246

Hey Frank, why to use sarcasm, fair is a good guy, you know. He does a nice picture and you reward him like that.

And it's a little bit more complicated with screenshots than that, see. If you'd google around a little bit, you could find out that you can take pictures from free games without any licence shit, but it has to be you who has taken them. As such you are the author of it and even though it is from free game, free source whatever, you can claim some author rights upon it, especially when you draw stuff into it. The licence of the game is not inherited to the picture. You can see that also on things like NewGRF, gamescripts, etc., where authors can choose any licence they want, it's simply new product, thus new licence. You can believe, I know few things about licencing from dealing with it actually.
Fair's claim is justified here, though indeed, since it is quite simple picture, it is a bit laughable. I wonder though, why he'd do such a request.
Admin of Novapolis OpenTTD servers, www.novapolis.net
  • TheDude
  • Novapolis admin
  • Thank you received: 11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Exploiting a bug 9 years 8 months ago #3247

Hm, well... maybe you're right The_Dude...

Fair, I apologise for what I said before... I will remove the screenshot from the first post and will edit my message, although it's indeed what The_Dude says: what's the reason for your request? Did anyone threat you bad or something?

Exploiting a bug 9 years 8 months ago #3261

well, maybe I was the cause of fair's demand to remove screenshot, but not with the alleged words. That's not the point anyway! Without threats (from both parts, I think), only some ideas exchange that soured a bit, about other matter that I think fair prefers not told publicly. It was a private chat anyway... Frank removed the link, and well, but all look like that the ball owner got tired and got home... ending the match!

Now, back to the Topic: I'm not an experienced CB player so, I guess Saber's explanation will do! :D
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Exploiting a bug 9 years 8 months ago #3267

I don't know what happened here in the meantime, but about Saber's remarks.

Stopping trucks actually does work on BTPro, even faster and better than on Novapolis. RH will stop and flag will be set to 0 as soon as atleast 1 of the requirements isn't met in the last month. So it immediatly stops replacing houses in that new month and you will take quite a few days off the time if you plan it right. Ofcourse it's at own risk, you don't want to be stuck on 7.999 for example :P
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Exploiting a bug - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.