Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rule 9 10 years 2 months ago #2592

Yes but should lower the oil rig amount instead of having 400+ oil rigs on map which you cant even use :)

Maybe i should clarify a bit.. 15 Bil goal had 35 ships per company and 400+ oil rigs, while 1 Bil goal has 75 ships per company and 60-80 oil rigs.

The oil rigs are in clusters in some small lakes which are unreachable by trains so u need to use ships. 35 ships covers about 15 oil rigs which will get a rating of 70% approx.

For such a big goal as 15 Bil i feel that oil rigs really should be able to be used properly. Shader played this 15 Bil goal on n-ice and he used all cargo he could + oil and managed to finish in a time of 9-10 hours and he didnt even use any major terraforming then and no spreading as you dont need much terra to reach these oil rigs in the small lakes. This feels very long even for a single sitting and thats what u want if you want to set a record for example.

Do as you like but it feels very weird to have so low amount of ships and a tiny rule that says "dont use oil rigs" when the map is flooded with x2 amount of rigs compared to any other industry.

Not like you want to make a major line for 15-20 oil rigs which is no income at all ;)
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Saber. Reason: clarification and comparison

Rule 9 10 years 2 months ago #2595

Have you ever been in a server with 10 users or more with a total of 150 boats being used ? :P
  • tomate
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 6

Rule 9 10 years 2 months ago #2596

No but if boats are that bad why is it forcing people to use boats? Weird O.o
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
The following user(s) said Thank You: tootootje
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

Rule 9 9 years 7 months ago #3467

Sorry i dug up a very old topic but helicopters are able to land on oil rigs for passangers (with also are made by those rigs), Shouldnt it be so you MAY land helicopters on the oil rigs itself?
What shall I put in here...
  • tootootje
  • Is it supposed to make that sound?
  • Thank you received: 1

Rule 9 9 years 7 months ago #3468

since most of the water-borne industries work themselves as a station (example: oil rigs), there's a suggestion to change rule #9 to this text:

#9: Water-borne resources MUST be taken by use of SHIPS only (or vehicles accepted at the industry station). Transfers to other types of stations are allowed. You may raise land to build a harbour to service multiple water-born industries.

the (or vehicles accepted at the industry station) covers precisely what you're suggesting :)
a matter of time ^^

Edit: is practically implicit that works that way, the change it's only to clear any doubts bout it
The following user(s) said Thank You: tootootje
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.

Rule 9 9 years 5 months ago #3639

The example of breaking rule #9 shown on the wiki depicts a number of player-created islands in the middle of a body of water. Is the intention of the rule to prevent players doing this kind of large scale terraforming, or instead to force players to transfer the goods in order to transport them? I ask because sometimes an oil rig or dredging site is close enough to shore that it falls within the catchment area of a road or rail station (sometimes combined with a dock, sometimes not) without any terraforming needed. If I'm reading the rule correctly, placing a station near such an industry without creating an unnecessary ship violates the rule.

Put another way: what's the spirit of rule #9? What does the rule mean to prevent?

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Rule 9 - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.