Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Attn" Frank or who ever has the info 1 year 1 month ago #8285

Frank,
Can you pass on to the admins in the super secret admin area a few things that one of them could pass on to me when i am on,
i never seem to be able to catch you in game.

Whats it cost to host a sever for a year, is it more based on time/settings.
Is it possible to change server 9 starting settings to something along the lines of a bigger map and a starting date of like 2040, maybe bump the win stats? the
current settings don't allow for most of us that play on it to get to the fast train before the games over... there for not getting to really build to the biggest runs.

The admins lately have been on point and handling things pretty quick so good job to them.

who are you really?
do you really exist?
whats 144 squared?

Thanks or what ever i need to say to get the answers.

And last but not least, i didnt swear through all that so, fuck this and that. glad its not a shit show or something like that.
J
  • juustj
  • juustj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Attn" Frank or who ever has the info 1 year 1 month ago #8288

Hi Juustj,

I don't really understand what you are asking... Who are you really? I'm the guy who started this community back in something like 2014 or so...
BTPro is my company name in the Netherlands... I started with that name this community as well :-)

Running a dedicated server on which you can host +/- 10 OpenTTD instances cost around 30 to 35 euro's a month. But the main "problem" is not actually running OpenTTD on those servers, I think everyone can do that. The secret to this community and the N-Ice community is the server controller which is running in the background and is offering things like goals, citybuilder and saving stats in the database to automatically show on the website. This tool is not public and made by the community owner of n-ice OpenTTD.

For the rest, If you want further info or have a specific question, please make clear what you exactly ask. I'm happy to answer them!

Thanks

Frank
Server Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: cortex, tomb, juustj

Last edit: by Frank.

Attn" Frank or who ever has the info 1 year 1 month ago #8289

I am justt trying to figure out what it would cost to add another server per year
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, tomb
  • juustj
  • juustj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Attn" Frank or who ever has the info - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.