Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

K1 Server The 1 billion a year turnover challenge 6 years 2 months ago #6368

The K1 server (15 billion company value)
In order to add an additional game element to the K1 server, I propose to create the “1 billion a year turnover” award, as an extra recognition for great players. This award could be displayed in your login, to show that the player has achieved something which is extraordinary. I also think that players could team up to play for the award, for fame and glory – (like Blackhawk and I did. We missed our goal by just a handful of millions.) I have seen brilliant players reach 1 billion, I have personally never reached it.
To document your achievement you should post on the forum
1. A screendump of the result, showing your turnover (As I have done in the example attached to this post). This could perhaps be done automatically at a later stage (?)
2. We would also like to see your network (Professional interest), so a screendump of your network (the map) is appreciated, but not required.
Do not forget to have fun!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, Inscius
  • Utslagsnes
  • Utslagsnes's Avatar Topic Author
  • It's hard to be humble when you are norwegia
  • Thank you received: 5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

K1 Server The 1 billion a year turnover challenge 6 years 1 month ago #6369

I got so close, and would have made it probably if i didnt win the game before the new year ended. But ill try again in the future :)

For extra info: I started out with coal, until that made me 50-60billion a year or so (about 50 trains), all standard 7 tracks long. I hate to start with long trains, dont think that is needed there. After that i made oil line. Important for me is a giant field where i can place 40 boats, i hate little fields where i have to ship by train to one main station so i like to put one giant station right next to it. After that i worked on goods line, now this one makes my most money, i use 4 tracks, for like double the room of trains. Than i went on to make farms to put that grain and livestock to the same hub. So i made goods from the oil and farms together, like 15k goods per month or so in the end.

You can also see i like the spiderweb approach, like making one big station between 2/3 industries and than funnel those industries by single lines all around them. I think this works best for me xD

Oh and most important: always keep ratings up!! And no pax at all (okok, only pax planes for just 7mil a year:))

here is picture of 989 million a year: ibb.co/iYWEib
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, Utslagsnes, tomb

Last edit: by Telamon.

K1 Server The 1 billion a year turnover challenge 5 years 10 months ago #6584

just had another 980mil game /foreversad
The following user(s) said Thank You: Utslagsnes

K1 Server The 1 billion a year turnover challenge 5 years 9 months ago #6645

I cant believe how hard it is to just ping over 1000mil. I`m always stuck at 980/990 no matter what i build or try. I cant believe it. Best try so far now is 993m income.

But... i destroyed the record with 7hour 25minuts so far... so i got that going for me, which is nice.. i guess :D

K1 Server The 1 billion a year turnover challenge 5 years 7 months ago #6701

1068 million a year.

edit: postimg.cc/image/egvc10b0b/

Ok so what i did was fairly simple, i started with coal and made it pretty big. The advantage doing that is you can get early income, After just a few years i already pushed 100+ mils. So once i had like 120 trains distributed over my coal network i made my oil line and goods line and expanded on my coal. After doing all that i was stuck around 700 mills a year or so but when inflation really came it just grew up, till i suddenly had like 1000+. Oh yeah, once i made 800+ i thought it maybe could work and made 2 small farm hubs for a few extra goods but it barely had any effect i think. Most of my money came from coal.

The weird part is that i didn't even intentionally started the game for it, i was just trying out what happens if i put attention to coal instead of usual farms/oil wells (last game i made extra oil from land and was stuck at like 800mils)

Also hit 1023 mil by the time i was 80% to goal or something, fairly early. But my game did not appear to be very fast somehow, i only won in 8 hour 2 minut. I had faster games.

ps: was gonna hit 1100+ if i didn't win it before it happened xD

Extra thanks to Bahnmeister to keep me company!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Utslagsnes, tomb

Last edit: by Telamon.

K1 Server The 1 billion a year turnover challenge 5 years 7 months ago #6702

Congratulations, great achievement!

I play K1 just once a year (too long for me), but I play a lot on other servers. And usually fast games or interesting new ideas come up when you are not planning any breakthroughs. Sometimes it is a matter of luck + staying cool :)

I wonder if you can repeat it in next games. Good luck!
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

Last edit: by tomb. Reason: typo
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 K1 Server The 1 billion a year turnover challenge - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.