Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

K1 Server The 1 billion a year turnover challenge 4 years 2 months ago #7045

Inscius wrote: Nevertheless, it was a fun challenge, though I don't think I'm a speedy enough builder to do it the normal way.

That’s where you’re wrong, me from the past!
i.postimg.cc/LsM2mdm0/1billion.png
I hit 1 billion a year in my last game, though right after this, a misplaced piece of track threw my entire system into chaos, my income collapsed down to 600-something million, and I had to spend the rest of the game fixing traffic problems. I wasn’t able to hit 1 billion a year again before the game ended, but I still think this counts. On the plus side, I did learn some traffic management lessons.

“Build like a maniac” definitely seems to be the right strategy, if you can call it a strategy. I didn’t do anything strange this game, started with coal, then iron ore (because I had a bunch of mines right next to my coal line), then oil, steel and goods, and finally farms.

I also managed to reduce my personal best by about 30 minutes this game (37 years, 8h 27 min), now I just need to do that 3 times over, and I’ll be able to compete with Telamon =).
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, Utslagsnes, tomb, Telamon
  • Inscius
  • Don't believe anyone. Including me.
  • Thank you received: 59

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Inscius. Reason: Additional info

K1 Server The 1 billion a year turnover challenge 2 years 8 months ago #7954

Finally I did it, $1B annual income, 3 years in a row.

Screenshot during last day of the game:
postimg.cc/MXy0pKrq

Game number 2917 (2021-07-27) -> 8 hours 1 minute 53 seconds (my personal best) => 96 points.

Telamon did not play this year yet, that's why I was able to register 2nd fastest this year (so far), just after Inscius with his current personal best 7 hours, 59 minutes, 37 seconds. I was so close ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, ST2, Inscius, Telamon
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

K1 Server The 1 billion a year turnover challenge 2 years 8 months ago #7955

Telamon did not play this year yet, that's why I was able to register 2nd fastest this year (so far), just after Inscius with his current personal best 7 hours, 59 minutes, 37 seconds. I was so close ;)

Heh, I know the feeling. If it's any consolation, you got more points than me, I only got 94 for that game.
Interestingly, even though we had almost the exact same time, My income at the end was a lot higher, just over 1.2 billion. I also had more years (4 or 5, not sure) of more than 1 bil income. So you must have had a better early game than me.

Here's a screnshot from right after that game ended:
i.postimg.cc/vB9wWGb9/1-2billion.png

Edit: Oh, and congratulations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, tomb, Telamon
  • Inscius
  • Don't believe anyone. Including me.
  • Thank you received: 59

Last edit: by Inscius.

K1 Server The 1 billion a year turnover challenge 2 years 8 months ago #7956

I have indeed not played yet this year, mostly because i havent found the time yet but for a few months now i cannot sit in a chair for a long time due to back problems.

Perhaps later this year ill try some games, otherwise next year maybe! We will see :)

Gz to Tomb (and Inscius) for a great game!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inscius, tomb

K1 Server The 1 billion a year turnover challenge 2 years 8 months ago #7957

@Telamon:
Back problems sound very serious, but I hope you get better soon and beat us all :) I wish you the best!

Inscius wrote several posts ago that the best "strategy" is "building like a maniac". It is true. And keeping it for several hours puts stress even for a man in full health. That's why I play there only once or twice a year. Game becomes lighter with long breaks in the middle but it usually ends with 10+ hours result (in my case).

@Inscius:
I started with farms at one edge of the map and longered the tracks up to the opposite map corner. Then attached several groups of farms in the middle of the map to these tracks. In the meantime I built two-way goods service between two cities in opposite map corners. Then: added oil from oil rigs + wood + more farms on separated tracks. I skipped coal, and that was the main cause of 8+ hours time imho. I believe I could do it in 7.5 hours with coal (and being focused to beat you; I was not aware it would be good time up to 50% of goal). I also added pax and iron ore + steel to reach and keep performance rating at 900. Maybe it was a reason for more points.

Thanks for congratulations,
happy gaming!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, Inscius, v27
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 K1 Server The 1 billion a year turnover challenge - Page 3 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.