Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Something for points 10 years 2 weeks ago #2713

If it is possible......When you are not alone in a company you get decreased points.
What about a new point system for team?

sooo let me get started: the player that builds more and his vehicles are more profitable than the other player on the company gets more points. And this also for Delivered cargo graph.

Thank you for reading this. If it is possible, I would really love it :D
  • Bogdyy
  • Bogdyy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Something for points 10 years 2 weeks ago #2715

I would say your a team when using the same company, so why have a internal competition? It would be better to work as a team, and not race eachother. If the one inside a company with the most stuff get more point it would ruin the whole teamwork. or that's what i think.

Idk whats best but id say you would both get the same points as if you'd play alone. or maby share the points as it is possible to build a lot faster with more ppl and then also easier to win a game, thus maybe fair to share it?

Something for points 10 years 2 weeks ago #2716

Right now @ BTPro teams are sharing points at the end of the game. For example: 2 player in the same company get 14 point, the sum would be: 14/2 = 7 each

It doesn't make sense to me to change that indeed because of what Kimmaz say here above, you're a team, if you want more point, start your own company and don't allow anyone to join!

Offcourse thoughts are always welcome, but to be honest I don't even think there is an option in openttd to check which player builded which vehicle, so this plan can't make it anyway :-(

Thank for the suggestion though, always appreciated!

Cheers.

Frank
Server Admin

Something for points 10 years 2 weeks ago #2717

And Bogdyy, what if you're playing a CB game in which you split tasks?

I can imagine lots of scenario's where the player making most profit in that game with his/her vehicles didn't necessarily contribute more to reaching the goal.

And now that I'm typing this, same actually goes for CV games. I've played games where I built the long tracks across the map and did the 20-tile trains, that make the actual profit, while 1 or 2 other players did all the feeding trains from closeby that only transfer or only get low profits.

What you want only works for coop that isn't teamplay, but just 2 players doing their own thing in one company.
If you want the competition of getting most points, I suggest to just play against the person you want to compete with and see who's best, you'll both get more points too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saber
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Last edit: by vGelder.

Something for points 9 years 11 months ago #2927

I dont know much about point but i had a very good laugh when i team up with a another player last week. Made a circle of wheels, made fireball, send my goods truck to wait for live stock, let's 20 trains wait for a clear path.

It was fun time.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Something for points - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.