Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Explanation on how the point system works 12 years 2 months ago #467

Hey Guys,

This could already be here somewhere however if not can we please have a breakdown on how the point system in games when you are logged in works?

Also can you confirm that when you are logged in if you have to leave the server then join it again do you need a new token to login (I.E leaving the server or 1 mins to check the other servers then logging back in again)

keep being awesome guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Explanation on how the point system works 12 years 2 months ago #473

Yes. You need a new token everytime you join a server.

Your example: Leaving serv1 makes you log out. So you join back in serv1, you need a new login token.

Re: Explanation on how the point system works 12 years 2 months ago #479

Thankyou sir

Re: Explanation on how the point system works 11 years 10 months ago #931

But still how does point system work? I mean what are the formulas, if you could show them of course ;)

Re: Explanation on how the point system works 11 years 10 months ago #932

Hello hikari,

Unfortunatly (for you that is ;-) ) we want to keep the score counting algorithm a little secret, because if people know the exact formula someone for sure will find a way to missuse it somehow to get as much point as possible... Im sure you will understand right?

A few tips to get as much points as possible:

- try to get to the goal ASAP
- when you are in a team the total points will be devided over the number of people in your team!
- try to get a good performance score in the game
- the bigger the goal, the more points you get (obviously), but at the end it all depends on the time you take to reach the goal how much points you will get!

I hope this helps a little. :-)

Greetings,

Frank
Server Admin

Re: Explanation on how the point system works 11 years 9 months ago #1068

cruxBsK wrote: Also can you confirm that when you are logged in if you have to leave the server then join it again do you need a new token to login (I.E leaving the server or 1 mins to check the other servers then logging back in again)

AFAIK you can run more than one game at the same time. Just click the OpenTTD icon again to open a new, then its easy to jump between servers to check. Not that I am even close to be able to multitakse more than one server at once, but I tried the other day as I was spectating one server (waiting for it to finish) while playing on another.

MadMike

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Explanation on how the point system works - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.