Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Explanation on how the point system works 11 years 9 months ago #1073

I never noticed performance is calculated in the formula, but i usually play short games so that doesnt change much there.
However its kinda silly to let stuff like paying off loan or not have an influence to the amount of xp you get. Maybe an idea to calculate extra xp for how far the competition reached the goal. (this will be more interesting for small maps)
  • solo
  • Thank you received: 17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Explanation on how the point system works 11 years 9 months ago #1075

Solo, in our admin program we do have an option to let the cv score count, but we didn't implement it (yet) on purpose to also make it fun for the "newbies" in openttd.

In the future maybe we will devide the servers into "newbie" servers where the cv is not important and "pro" servers where everything is taken into account on how and how much points you will get. Offcourse for this we will need to design a new points calculation algorithm...

Anyways, we are constantly thinking about how to improve servers, we will take the cv thing into account, if you have any other suggestions please don't hesitate to let us know :-)

Thanks

Frank

Re: Explanation on how the point system works 11 years 9 months ago #1076

Ye sure, u want me to setup some models and give you a reasonable xp calculation model, which will not differ too much from the current?
  • solo

Re: Explanation on how the point system works 11 years 9 months ago #1091

I think i found a good algorithym for all 3 server types:

Long goal:
=(Percentage of goal/100)*(1*1/(SQUAREROOT(Number of players in team)))*(Number of companies/10*0,5+1)*(1+Total % of goal of all other companies combined/200*0,5)*(40/Amount of years played)*((1-((Starting year-Server starting year)*0,02))*Default number of points)

In this case, 40 years is a standard time for the goal to be reached (could be changed, 40 is pretty high)
35 is default number of points i worked with

Short goal:
=(Percentage of goal/100)*(1*1/(SQUAREROOT(Number of players in team)))*(Number of companies/10*0,75+1)*(1+Total % of goal of all other companies combined/200*0,75)*(15/Amount of years played)*((1-((Starting year-Server starting year)*0,03))*Default number of points)

In this case 15 years as default goaltime, 25 points as default points

Quick goal:
=(Percentage of goal/100)*(1*1/(SQUAREROOT(Number of players in team)))*(Number of companies/10+1)*(1+Total % of goal of all other companies combined/200)*(7/Amount of years played)*((1-((Starting year-Server starting year)*0,04))*Default number of points)

Default years 7, default points 10

EDIT1:
I had to <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">check</a> how it looked :). I think its pretty readable. Ofcourse u can alter all values yourself to tweek and find a perfect formula for you.
I was thinking it might be good to mix in a piece of formula to compensate for people that start later and which get minor points because of playng under the default time.
Could be something easy as adding default years / (current year - starting year) * points from formula
  • solo

Last edit: by solo.

Re: Explanation on how the point system works 11 years 9 months ago #1095

Solo, when you have time, could you plz come to our IRC chat channel? I would like to have a closer look at your calculations :-)

The details for connecting to our chat channel are on the "Contact üs" page ;-)

See you there

Frank
Server Admin

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Explanation on how the point system works - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.