Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What would everyone like added to citybuilder? 10 years 7 months ago #2026

I have an idea.
If temperate citybuilders cant be improved, what about making a winter citybuilder instead?
The city could need passengers, mail, food, goods and maybe gold (however if banks arent "working" on temperate, maybe thats the same here too).
I dont know if its possible, I only thought these things are working on desert (exept gold), then why they wouldnt do so on winter.
So the winter map would be more challenging, because there would be one more supply the town needs and there it isnt that easy to produce goods as well. (cant use farms for that)
However it would be good to seperate the forests, because now on winter map all the forests are on like 3 big hills, and nowhere else. (like 6-7-8 forests exactly next to each other)

So I have no idea if its possible to make it, but in my opinion it could be better than the temperate city builder.
  • NaB
  • Thank you received: 6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What would everyone like added to citybuilder? 10 years 7 months ago #2032

To improve the Temperate city builder, what you could do is require the chosen town to have a power plant or something. Then you could deliver coal to that plant. Or any other industry chain. Would that work?
  • Joe
  • Thank you received: 0

What would everyone like added to citybuilder? 10 years 7 months ago #2033

Can't wait for cargodist to come to Citybuilder.

What would everyone like added to citybuilder? 10 years 7 months ago #2035

But as I heard the coal thing would be really hard to make. Thats why I thought that winter would be a good idea, because everything is needed for that is in the desert city builder as well (counting how much passengers, mail, food goods the town is getting). And when the coal thing could work theres coal on the winter map as well.
However honestly I dont have much idea about how the coding of a server works. :whistle:

and i read the wiki about that cargodist, but i dont understand what is it for and why it would be good for the citybuiler
  • NaB

Last edit: by NaB.

What would everyone like added to citybuilder? 10 years 7 months ago #2039

With cargodist, instead of just picking a few big cities and dumping a whole lot of passengers in your town to get growth, you would now actually have to plan out a network and connect more cities, because not everyone will want to go to your town. It just adds a little bit of extra complexity and strategy.

What would everyone like added to citybuilder? 10 years 7 months ago #2045

I think cargodist wouldnt work well with citybuilder at all.
It is hard enough to get the resources you need, and then if they dont want to go in your city you are srewed. (for example you are lucky to find like 4 farms that want to go to the same food processing plant, but it dont want to transport its food to your town, then you quit the game)

However I think a goal server with cargodist would be a really good idea, it would bring something new to it.
  • NaB

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 What would everyone like added to citybuilder? - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.