Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

BTPro OpenTTD Client 13.4 (Updated: 27-09-2023) 2 years 3 months ago #8144

Dear All,

Here are the download links for the special BTPro and n-ice OpenTTD 13.4 client for Windows with a automatic login function build in.

Recently with the 13.x versions of OpenTTD a lot of code needed to get changed for the client. Therefor we can't follow up ourselves anymore with maintenance of this client.

The N-Ice team decided to Fork the client which the CityMania team is maintaining and add the code for automatic login for BTPro and N-Ice.

The download links are now on GitHub. Everyone is able to contribute if they want, and we really would like everyone to do so.

You can find the download links here:

github.com/n-ice-community/cmclient/releases/tag/134B

Please also see the details and all commits regarding this client on the following page:

github.com/n-ice-community/cmclient

Big thank you to the n-ice team for adding to the client's source of 13.4 the login screens and mechanics for BTPro. In particular kudos to Chucky for his GREAT efforts!
Thanks everyone!

Other possible needed file(s):
- openttd.btpro.nl/OpenTTD_versions/innerh...f]innerhighlight.grf
The following user(s) said Thank You: TechRalle
  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Frank.

BTPro OpenTTD Client 12.2 (Updated: 04-05-2022) 1 year 5 months ago #8251

Hi,

Is there plave where I can find the meaning of all the abbreviations and numbers in the client?
In particular, the statistics of a (growing) town.

I really like this game and the client but it's a hard learning curve if you don't know what you are looking at.

Specifically, why and when does the number of people in a town keep growing while the town is not growing?
Sometimes it seems to grow even quicker when it is not growing due to lack of goods.
Can a town grow quicker by alternating times of growing and 'not growing'?
Are new houses sometimes replacing old houses? How does this work?

* Houses: Building: Houses under construction; RTM: Rebuilt this Month; DTM: Demolished this Month;
* House skip (HS); Cycle skip (CS); House removal (HR); Values appear like: Total (Last_Month) (www.citymania.org/tools/townsim);

What is the 'rating' of a town, how is it influenced and does it have effect on growing speed?
What determines if a town grown every 1/2/4/6 days? Can the growing speed also drop?
What is 'house skip' 'cycle skip' 'house removal'?

Last edit: by Eichmann.

BTPro OpenTTD Client 12.2 (Updated: 04-05-2022) 1 year 5 months ago #8255

Addressing some subjects you mentioned:

Why and when does the number of people in a town keep growing while the town is not growing?
openttd.btpro.nl/forum/31-everything-cit...xploiting-a-bug#3239

Ratings-related topic:
openttd.btpro.nl/forum/31-everything-cit...re-cb-mechanics#4084

City growing mechanics:
openttd.btpro.nl/31-everything-citybuild...owing-mechanics#5637

Happy gaming!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, Eichmann
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

BTPro OpenTTD Client 12.2 (Updated: 04-05-2022) 1 year 5 months ago #8256

Thank you for the great links! It's hard to find.

Nevertheless I try to apply all of this but my best score is 48-50 min on server 12/12A while the topscore 32-36 min. That's still a huge difference and I wonder where the difference comes from.

BTPro OpenTTD Client 12.2 (Updated: 04-05-2022) 1 year 5 months ago #8259

Third link is directly related to 12/12A. You should go down to 38-40 minutes with all hints placed there. I believe more practise is needed. Good luck!
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

BTPro OpenTTD Client 13.4 (Updated: 27-09-2023) 2 months 6 days ago #8421

Where can I find a manual for the client or like a list of most important features? Couldn't find a single word on neither n-ice, citymania nor btpro forums. Is sitting somewhere hidden in the plain sight laughing at me while I am loosing my sanity trying to make heads or tails of the github scripts and strange files...

edit. I found a good list of many features in the pinned comment about version 11.1. so go there if anyone finds himself slightly confused as I did.

A word for the team - you guys are not advertising the client well enough - I can't imagine myself ever playing the game again without it and only today while still being n00b I was able too keep up the pace in many games only because I am just much better equipped. I personally convinced 3 regular btpro players to try it out and they loved it on the spot. It should be plastered everywhere you can think of, make it known when announcing the winner and his time that they cheated using the only approved by the officials hack for the game - the BTPro client. When using it I can feel at every step that it was made by people who play and understand the game and how to improve the experience.

Last edit: by kraFtzu. Reason: update
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 BTPro OpenTTD Client 13.4 (Updated: 27-09-2023) - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.