Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Tournament Welcome 2018 6 years 2 months ago #6286

Thanks ST2 for the adjustments. Looks much better now :)

Spoiler alert: WARNING WARNING - I caught bad cold... coughing, sneezing, beating fever records now - a chance for competitors?! xD
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tournament Welcome 2018 6 years 2 months ago #6287

Maybe throw in a "reduced passenger payment" newgrf otherwise this tourney will tourn out as simple as that.

Tournament Welcome 2018 6 years 2 months ago #6288

AuzInd has a setting to reduce passengers payment by 30%, and it's enabled. Since towns aren't that big, I think that hopefully it's enough :p
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Tournament Welcome 2018 6 years 2 months ago #6290

Towns grow pretty fast, there are no CB mechanics where a bigger town needs more and more resources - you just deliver 1 truck of food and goods and you are good to go. Both are produced without need of delivering anything to industries - and both are produced within towns (in industries that can ONLY exist in towns).

In my first test of the server I found out that in order to increase production 2x you need to increase town population 10x. You might think it's not worth it but keep in mind a single town often has multiple industries producing the cargo you want to transport so it does eventually add up.

In another test run I built a network between 2 cities:(X and Y) the initial line was vineyard X (liquid merchandise and fresh produce) -> cold storage Y (food and meat) -> butcher X. Then I added pax trains ... The yearly income they made was like 2-3x more than that of food line (despite the fact that food related stuff is very high up on the cargo payment rates graph). I assembled the biggest possible pax trains carrying over 1,1k pax and 240t mail each - a small 1-1,5k town takes a while to load those up but as it grows really fast....

I am not even sure what I am trying to say here ... I haven't played in any of your tournaments before so maybe my worries are unfounded and in general the way I play and enjoy the game is far from an effective way to reach given goal, whether it's CV or CB so maybe that's the problem and there's nothing wrong in having a pax tournament surrounded by about 50 industries nobody uses. You tell me.

Tournament Welcome 2018 6 years 2 months ago #6292

I am not even sure what I am trying to say here ...

hahaha

Anyway, you got a point. I've reduced "town_growth_rate" by 1 point. Taking in account the some are Cities and those grow faster by nature.

And it's part of AuzInd mechanics that industries production are related to town sizes. Payment it's already reduced by 30% and I won't mind to see all companies "fighting" over passengers services, leaving industries open for use of another companies.

btw kraFtzu, you have more posts on this thread that completed games on the TRAINING server. Hopefully there's a reason for it and I hope it's to REALLY play on Tournament :P
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Tournament Welcome 2018 6 years 2 months ago #6293

Sign me up please. Company name Sinemaligna Trans. Colour light green
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Tournament Welcome 2018 - Page 3 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.