Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Tournament Welcome 2018 6 years 2 months ago #6325

I have also discovered some of bugs mentioned above, but I agree with ST2, players could discovered these bugs for themselves and there are no time to repair and test the repaired version....
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tournament Welcome 2018 6 years 2 months ago #6327

solo wrote: Hi ho,

Just training a bit on the training server, ofcourse.. However i find alot of bugs which are really annoying.

1. Wharf A is supposed to accept seafood, milk, Fresh Produce. It acceps in reality only seafood.
2. Beacon factory does not produce anything when supplied with livestock
3. Creamery does not produce anything when supplied with milk (havent tried other resources, cant be bothered)
4. Super Market accepts Fresh Produce and fresh produce (huh?!?). It does not consume the supplies however.

This was just from half an hour of testing. Look into if these NEWGRFs are properly working and tested please.

The trainset itself is horrible. I have 4 choices of types of the same trains, they were all "invented" in like 1940, steam engine and they have the highest tractive effort and highest speed and are cheap which makes all other new invented trains useless. Besides that I have now the options to pick the best reliability in these 4 trains (1 = 99%, even though it was supposed to be invented in 1942).
All this trainset does it make it horribly complicated to figure out the combo for cars to transport the goods of choice.

This is a serious request to reconsider the tournament settings and NewGRFs.

Thanks in advance,

Solo

Today (Jan 13th) GarryG released AuzInd2 that, probably, fixes some of the bugs you mentioned and, probably too, introduces new ones ^^

For several reasons tomorrow's Tournament will keep current settings and newgrf's used currently :)
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Tournament Welcome 2018 6 years 2 months ago #6328

Alright,

Just a quick heads-up then for the ones who didnt discover this bug: It's possible to have a factory of any kind being closed while you deliver cargo to it, if it is one of those factories that accepts cargo but does not proces them properly.

In my case I had a machine shop removed that I was continuously delivering metal to,
  • solo
  • Thank you received: 17

Tournament Welcome 2018 6 years 2 months ago #6329

please, i would like to join too :)

Tournament Welcome 2018 6 years 2 months ago #6333

WOW

The "Welcome 2018" Tournament will be, for sure, the fastest one we ever had.
It was a typical example of human behaviour: When confronted with a new environment, they adapt and use the best way to success!

So, here are the results:
#1: A&T Transport: CV 32.350.892 euros - tomb and Anni: 700 points (350 each) and 3 VIP months; (donated: 45 days to r5 and 45 days to Chiflo)
#2: solo Transport: CV 20.856.848 euros - solo: 600 points and 2 VIP months;
#3: chris123 Transport: CV 4.975.622 euros - chris123: 600 points and 1 VIP month;
#4: Blackyjack Transport: CV 4.396.618 euros - Blackyjack: 600 points;
#5: Sammy Transport: CV 456.996 euros - Sammy: 100 points;
#6: Marco Transport: CV 204.966 euros - Marco: 100 points;

Savegames:
Round #1: Start | 00:30 | 00:55

Sadly, the other registered players didn't attended to the event.
The so similar points for the first 4 companies are basically because of the strategies each one used:
- tomb and Anni gone for the industry spamming and getting the earnings of their production - other players didn't spotted this smart opportunity;
- solo made a good use of the existent industries, with trains and road vehicles, very efficient;
- Blackyjack was the Road King - impressive what was done with RV's only, at start;
- chris123 took the risky move, passengers and mail, even if incoming of those cut to half;

It was very fun to watch, and I hope same as playing ^^

And I was tempted to rename the event to Blitz "Welcome 2018" xD

Thank you all :)

Edit: since this is my 1000th post... lets celebrate:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anni, tomb, Chiflo
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.

Tournament Welcome 2018 6 years 2 months ago #6334

Congratulations for all!
I'm very glad that four companies received big amount of points, they deserved it!
And what a different approaches! :)

I have to say I admire anybody who had so much patience to train, find bugs and not being discouraged by them (I was frustrated many times, I'm not so patient, I think). Some things do not worked as expected, so... we had to adapt to this unusual environment somehow. And we found a "strategy" just one day before the tourney. Of course, AuzInd has great potential, but still has to be "polished". I hope it will happen soon. The author already did a huge and great job.

Finally, once again: congratulations for all the players. ST2, big thanks for organizing the event!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, ST2, Anni, r5, Chiflo
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Tournament Welcome 2018 - Page 6 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.