Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CB server Company create after voterestart 5 years 4 months ago #6841

Was bit hard to put good subject to this, but i´ll try to explain.

I joined to play in server#32, used token to login, didn´t create any company yet.
I was alone in that server and since i wanted to play desert map, then i used !voterestart until i did get wished climate.
After server restart, since i returned under 600 seconds with same IP address and name, auto-login was performed to my account.
Pressed that token window, get login, got response i´m already logged in.

If you follow then in the end there is a question:
At this point my name in clients list is still being shown as "Player".

When i create company, my Client name changes to Trumsi, but "company name" and "manager name" is set automatically to "Player transport". And it can´t be changed, before you place HQ. When HQ is placed, city is claimed as "Player transport Town". At this point you can change company "manager name" and "company name" to your desired one. But under city name, it still stays as "Player transport Town" and doesn´t change after you re-name your company to new name.

Now question time
Is it something a Player can do from their side (expect from logging back in, later than 600 seconds, before creating company), so that when you create company after server restart, your company name isn´t automatically named as "Player transport" and city claimed as "Player transport Town"?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2
  • Trumsi
  • Trumsi's Avatar Topic Author
  • -=Donator=-
  • -=Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 16

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CB server Company create after voterestart 5 years 4 months ago #6844

the simpliest answer is: if you create a company named as "Player" ofc the company will be named "Player Transport" (or town name of first action when Player Transport is already taken). The "auto-login" is performed accordingly info the server controller had on you before the restart, even when joining with another nick or no nick at all (Player). You can, from the start, set your nickname on the Multiplayer lobby:

or, when already logged in, change it later with !name *** command, in case you join with any other nickname that not the registered one. So, my suggestion is: don't create a company when named as "Player" because, as said, company will be named "Player Transport". You can change that info later AND before claim a town, in the Company window:

...but my suggestion is to create a company already with the nick you want to be used ^^

Hope it helps :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trumsi
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ST2.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 CB server Company create after voterestart - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.