Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

busybee #33 score count 7 years 9 months ago #5368

hello, I would like to know how the score is being count. If you look to server scores, you will find very high score for quite slow game while for almost top time game only 15 points.
I am asking also for myself, I got once 55 points for not-so-well played game, while if I try and make it by 1 hour 20 minutes, I got 15 points. And it doesn't matter if there are more players competing or if it is only me.

example here:
number Player BB Goals Years Played Points Scored Winner Goal Reached Total Time Played Climate
1028 Anthrok 30 7 57 Yes 2016-06-12 19:48:37 01 Hrs, 24 Min Temperate
1027 andi 30 5 15 Yes 2016-06-12 15:47:57 01 Hrs, 18 Min Temperate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by funnyman.

busybee #33 score count 7 years 9 months ago #5370

Thanks for asking this question :-)
I was also wondering, how he got these 57 points for one game. Usually, I score between 15 and 20.

In my last game, I had about 30 trains and 100 road vehicles. And in these fast games, you don't have very much money at the end.

busybee #33 score count 7 years 9 months ago #5372

If I understand correctly, the scoring system is the same across all servers and is heavily based on the Company Value, and not so much on the time... so in non-CV goals you can often score higher by playing longer and making more $$$. Even so, scoring 57 compared to 15 seems like something is way off (bug?), I would expect only a few points difference... I note in the high score list the winning CV is typically 10-20M, but #11 (vGelder game #849) finished with over 57M - I wonder what score he got and if that's the reason for the large differences?

busybee #33 score count 7 years 9 months ago #5373

yeah, the 57 points seems indeed out of hand. Since BB server is on different machine that were's the DB (that stores data and some other multipliers), could be several reasons :S
Same as to investigate the cause, there's on todo list to improve the score calculation (balance among climates, etc etc). But ofc, when some freetime hits :S

Anyway, to clear some things, not only BB goals completed and time taken is considered. With less importance (but counting too) there's: Company Value, number of vehicles, relation CV/time played, among other things/relations ^^
Known fact that may need some small adjustments but don't let it fool you, it's not small task :P

Personally I don't see a huge problem as it is now and ofc, lucky one who got 57 points xD

Thank you for your understanding and good luck us all :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

busybee #33 score count 7 years 9 months ago #5374

well I wrote this post, because its not rare when someone gets that much points. From games I played, I observed different reason for this - time since last game was played. And list of last 15 plays confirmes this - only two games, where the score is unusually higher, are those, which were played 15 and 7 hours after last one.

For other reasons (company value, No of vehicles) - it may affects only few ponits. I tried playing to have huge company value, for low value, with lot of vehicles and with few vehicles. Points were almost the same every time - range is 13 - 19.

Once I played a game, where I joined later and was second with something like 17 goals finished when first player won. I got 25 points, winner got more than 50. And - yes, it was game, which was played long after the last one.

I am not asking for fix. I am asking what is the real reason.
It's little depressing when I try hard to finish the game in superb time, build 80 trains and hundreds of vehicles, make huge CV and score 18 points, and then observe game, which is an hour longer, with poor CV, and scores 50 points.

I played CB before, and that was straightforward - the shorter the game is, the more points you get. IMHO score calculating could be the same here.

Last edit: by funnyman.

busybee #33 score count 7 years 9 months ago #5380

"15 and 7 hours after last one" - nice hypothesis, but it doesn't seem to be correct. I've got 51 points in the game #1044. The game length was 102 minutes (pretty good result in Toyland anyway) and it was started about one hour after the previous game. 54 trains and 36 RVs are also not so much. This is my first so high result (in previous 25 games it was 19-22 points), and I have no idea what was so much different comparing to other games to gather 250% of usual points. I still consider this as a bug, and I can't imagine the origin of it, but I think I start the research soon...
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 busybee #33 score count - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.