Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vote to restart game 10 years 1 week ago #2751

Hey all,

Was playing a game earlier for quite a while and a player in another company (4 players joined to that company) instigated a vote to restart the game. There was only myself and one other person in another company playing (it was the 15Bil Extreme Goal). How do you stop the game being reset, this was quite annoying and I think they only did it out of spite.

Is there anything that you can do to stop the reset. He actually joined the game with multiple clients to vote the reset.

Neither myself or the person in the other company wanted the reset.

cheers,
2Tone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Wolfe.

Vote to restart game 10 years 1 week ago #2753

Hi 2ToneReturns,

I've moved your topic as requested. The best thing you can do to stop a vote-to-restart is to not vote for it. Only a BTPro Moderator/Admin can immediately stop it. If you believe there isn't a valid reason to restart the map, another option would be to contact an admin using !admin - especially if someone is using multiple clients just to vote for it and is doing it out of revenge.
William Wolfe
  • Wolfe
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 0

Vote to restart game 10 years 1 week ago #2754

Yehh they had multiple clients
Seroplex
SI
P.Madrid
Alami
and multiple random Player # names - the console warned they were clones of other players. They actually did two votes the first one didn't work the second one did. Really annoying if you've been playing for hours.

Anyway next time.

Vote to restart game 9 years 11 months ago #2848

Well this isn't something new I guess. I had this happen to me a couple days ago and oh well.
Then again last night after about 3-4 hours in the 15 Bil Extreme goal server it happened again.
If this continues to happen there will be no need for the server as it will not make it past the limit.

He was able to get it restarted in a matter of less then two minutes. Calling an admin probably wouldn't have worked in that amount of time.

Suggestion...
Change the vote script to not include/except anyone that is detected as a clone. It would be a start.

Vote to restart game 9 years 11 months ago #2850

Do you remember the time this occured, we can look back in the logs to see who it was and take actions against this player.
  • vGelder
  • Thank you received: 55

Vote to restart game 9 years 11 months ago #2854

vGelder wrote: Do you remember the time this occured, we can look back in the logs to see who it was and take actions against this player.

Yes.
It was about 4:30am CST or 10:30am UK

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Vote to restart game - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.