Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Idea for weekly game event 12 years 2 months ago #448

In my opinion it would be cool to set a weekly time&day when 1 specific long goal server starts

the result would be that a lot of players will play on that special game and I think also with a lot of team playing (so teams vs teams)

well the game should be at each weekend

I suggest: Friday/Saturday 19:00 +0 (a poll in this forum could also be a solution when the best day and time would be for the most players)

maybe also some special settings for this server: more players are allowed, more starting money? (so team playing will be more comfortable)

don't know the server resources, but you could use one of the long game servers and stop them when a game ends at the specific day (e.g. friday/saturday) and relaunch it at that specific time
the server could also vary, so temperate/desert/winter
so 1 server starts at for example saturday and will be stopped the followed saturday and relaunched at e.g. 19:00 +0

So what do you think?

If you have something else what would be good for such a weekly event, write it here.

And admins, think about it :).

edit:

cruxBsK wrote: it would need to be a time where people from Australia America etc could play similar times.

I know it from DooM2, there is also such a weekly event and they solved this like that: each saturday 19:30 +0 the event starts on a european server and 03:00 +0 on a USA server (2 diff server wouldn't be needed for openTTD, but DooM is a ego shooter, so the ping counts). Not sure how many non european people are playing on these servers, but if there are a lot, then such 2 different times makes sence

BTW, if someone needs inspiration or is interested in how people in the DooM-community organize that, see here: forums.zdaemon.org/viewforum.php?f=23 (current ZDS #233, so it is running for 233 weeks already and is very popular)
for example one ZDS I made: forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=14280 (up to 34 people played there on a single server co-op) (if someone is interested in our results, see the last comment in that thread)
  • error
  • error's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by error.

Re: Idea for weekly game event 12 years 2 months ago #450

I think this would be an awesome idea Star Craft 2 has similar idea where there's a weekly tourney maybe something like King of the Tycoons or something and it could be once a week or bi weekly or something it would need to be a time where people from Australia America etc could play similar times.

Re: Idea for weekly game event 12 years 2 months ago #453

I really like this,I would support this and im sure im in for it if this continues(atleast got 1 referee watching the server)

Admin team(frank and ivanoz mainly) will talk about this.

Re: Idea for weekly game event 12 years 2 months ago #454

The only problem I can see would be the cultural diversity and where people are logging in from (you cant make everyone happy)

generally SC2 tourneys are started 12pm AEST +UTC and its a good time for Aussies (South East Asia also)

Re: Idea for weekly game event 12 years 2 months ago #465

I really like this idea, but does it have to be on a weekend night? some of us like to go out :unsure: :P

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Idea for weekly game event - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.