Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

server 5 starting year 3 years 10 months ago #7202

I think Server#5 should change the year starting because Desert Map doesn't have a fast trains until the monorail release, even Enhanced trains set.grf doesn't help much. because we have to keep using the 201km/h trains until 1993, in that year a new train appeared with 40km/h faster. this reason is reinforced by the acquisition of a fairly low score, compared to server#1 where I could finish it in less than 2 hours and get an average of 27pts. server#5 where I need more than 5 hours and only gives me an average of 30pts, or is it because I'm noob?

tomb is the only player who can complete server 5 under 3 hours just because he started in 2026 where lev was released.

I think 2000 is the right year because the monorail has been released and we don't need Enhanced trains set.grf anymore, this seems fair enough, 1000Mil using monorail should take about 20 years
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, tomb
  • v27
  • v27's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

server 5 starting year 3 years 10 months ago #7204

hello v27 :)

Thank for the suggestion, because it's indeed a fair point. Let's wait for some other players opinions.

Meanwhile enjoy the games and have fun :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

server 5 starting year 3 years 10 months ago #7206

Hello v27 and ST2! :)

I played on #5 four times this year. And the only game starting in 1975 was very slow = 5h 12m. I believe I can make 4h 15m. But it is still too long for me to play it regularly.

Some time ago, when it was possible to earn more money on #5 with passengers, good game was about 3 hours in length (12 years). It was funnier for me, and if you decide to change starting year to 2000, the game would be faster, funnier, and I will play there more often :evil: So I vote to make it 2000.

And if you want to compare #5 to something, do not forget the other 1000Mil servers:
- #2: also starts in 1975, with more hilly terrain and with Floss '47', which makes games even longer (5-6 hours+).
- #9: with FIRS, which offers extremely fast games due to maglevs and clear tracks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

server 5 starting year 3 years 10 months ago #7214

Well, both servers #2 and #5 have now 2000 as the start year. That will, for sure, turn games faster and hopefully more enjoyable ^^

Thank you tomb and v27 for the suggestion and I'll address this thanks too for future feedbacks.

Enjoy the games :)

Edit: In the meantime started server #97, almost as a #K2 clone but with Highway Toll daily payments (road/tram) when the track is not owned by the player. Currently this costs are set to: when it's from other player, 4 GBP; Town or no owner, 50% of previous value. When the road is owned by another valid company, this toll payments goes to them ^^
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, tomb, v27
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 server 5 starting year - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.