Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Saw mills, good or bad? 12 years 3 months ago #251

Hey community,

I guess you all know the problem about saw mills:

- some think they are fun and makes the game shorter

- and others think they are boring and the only aim in desert games are just being the first who can finance saw mills

in this thread I want to show the advantages and disadvantages of sawmills and maybe to convince the admins to change something, or to convince those who don't like them that they aren't that bad

for this purpose I played 2 games yesterday on the desert short goal server

1. game: without financing saw mills (12 years long)

I think pictures tell more than words:

2. game: financing saw mills (10 years long)

Same here, a picture:

My personal opinion:
Saw mills would be ok if they cost 20M€, but not 1,4M€...
With 1,4M€ it is very easy to creat 1 single route (with passangers, water, oil for example).
Then he can build 5-10 saw mills after 3-4 years. And then it is clear that you will win, so it is determined who wins after not even an hour. That one who made the saw mills have to wait till the game ends and the others looses the motivation to do anything further.
I think it is more fun without and you can see (the 2 pics above) that you also can be fast without saw mills, but the others still have a chance and the competition is MUCH higher (this is why I play on a server, otherwice I could play Single player, there is also no competition)
conclusion: imo financing saw mills (and others) should not be allowed

Tell me what you think

error
  • error
  • error's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Saw mills, good or bad? 12 years 3 months ago #252

Said the same a few times ingame, I think it's silly they are even there. Works for me if they are removed.

Re: Saw mills, good or bad? 12 years 3 months ago #256

Would be cool if one of the admins could say representative for all admins what the admins think about this subject. Otherwise the whole thread wouldn't have any sence

edit:

Frank wrote: I'm sorry everyone that we didnt reply yet... We are focusing 100% on this subject, we are allready checking what we can do about it... It's pretty difficult to only disable 1 industry though (in this case lumber mills), so maybe we need to disable funding of industries completely on the desert servers.

We will keep you posted what we find.

Regards,

Frank
Server Admin

this sounds great, thank you
  • error
  • error's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Last edit: by error.

Re: Saw mills, good or bad? 12 years 3 months ago #257

I'm sorry everyone that we didnt reply yet... We are focusing 100% on this subject, we are allready checking what we can do about it... It's pretty difficult to only disable 1 industry though (in this case lumber mills), so maybe we need to disable funding of industries completely on the desert servers.

We will keep you posted what we find.

Regards,

Frank
Server Admin

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Saw mills, good or bad? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.