Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

openttd.btpro.nl Site Suggestions/Rant 10 years 2 months ago #2608

Before I start this thread, I'd like to say that it's going to sound harsh and might offend someone, especially Frank since he created this forum. However, please do not take offense to it. Everything I say in this thread is my own opinion. With that said, let's jump into it!

I'm creating this thread to suggest that BTPro's forum gets a makeover. Whether that's just a new skin/style or a whole 'nother forum software is fine. I'm not just going to suggest it because I want it, I'm going to list why I think it needs a makeover:

1. The forum is ugly. I know it's vague, but it's true. It looks like it was designed in 2005.[/li]
2. Some of it's coding is messed up. For example, links will display to things that I don't have permission to view in the first place. Plus, this seems to happen if I'm typing a long post that takes 10+ minutes to type: i.imgur.com/JJYQPCH.png It's happened to me on multiple browsers on multiple computers, it causes the page to crash and causes me to re-write the whole post. It's happened a few times writing this post, which is why I'm now typing it in notepad.[/li]
3. It can be confusing to navigate at times. I have a hard time finding members, moderating people, etc.

To tie this up I'll suggest something: A different forum software that's still being supported and developed. I use xenForo on my site. It's an extremely good and flexible software but it can be costly. Before that, I used SMF (Simple Machines Forum) which is completely free and easy to use.

Hope this thread goes into consideration. Again, not trying to bash on anyone.
Wolfe
William Wolfe
  • Wolfe
  • Wolfe's Avatar Topic Author
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Wolfe. Reason: Fixed formatting

openttd.btpro.nl Site Suggestions/Rant 10 years 2 months ago #2619

Hello Wolfe,

In my opinion, if there are capable people to help making the "upgrade" or a change to a "better" forum, let's do it ;) For sure many things can be correct or made better.

Although I like it as it is, I would agree 100% that the error 2 is happening to other players. For me it happens many times as well.

So, this said, if there is a team to upgrade / change the forum, you'll have my green light.

If not maybe there are some of those changes we can do already with this platform, what do you think frank ?

Best regards
  • tomate
  • Thank you received: 6

openttd.btpro.nl Site Suggestions/Rant 10 years 2 months ago #2620

Well, like I said, I've owned a few forums, but setting up a whole new forum is likely up to the more higher-up staff members :P
William Wolfe
  • Wolfe
  • Wolfe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 openttd.btpro.nl Site Suggestions/Rant - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.