Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

BTPro Server 11 - Europe Map (Beta Test) 11 years 5 months ago #1416

******************************************************************************************
******************************** UPDATE ON EUROPE ********************************
******************************************************************************************

Server 11 - Europe Map Beta is back up and running. Several changes
have been made to the map, to add a more challenging aspect in addition to the
competition side of things! Mainly a newGRF called basecosts was implented to
increase the costs of building air and terraforming. Infrastrucutre maintainence
has also been turned on.

This second phase of testing will continue from today (Friday) over the weekend
and most, if not all of the following week before a second review of settings
and general gameplay is undertaken. Your continued feedback is very important
in the development of this new highly competitive server. (Hopefully to rival
that of CityBuilder!)

So if you haven't had a chance to play, go do so while you can! :D

Happy Gaming,

cxc
Server Admin

- Original Post Below -

Hello and good evening BTPro community!

This evening we have something very special for you all! What is that you might ask? Well it's a BETA server called -BTPro.nl- [NL] #11 - EUROPE GOAL - 50MIL|TEMPERATE|1985-GOAL|10SHPS|8AIR!

This BETA server will run through tonight and tomorrow, where we will decide if this is a welcomed addition to our servers. If it is then we shall finalise all the settings to conform to the BTPro way of playing (some minor tweaks such as lowering plane speed, removing weight multipliers to simulate frieght trains and afew more ).

During this BETA test phase there shall be no point rewards for completing, but your feedback on the gameplay experience will be much appreciated! (Reply to this post with related comments, please)

Special thanks has to go to Mega from the old ClanMega community that use to exist in the OTTD-verse until 2008 who kindly donated us the artwork to use.

Regards,

cxc
Server Admin
  • cxc
  • cxc's Avatar Topic Author
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by cxc.

Re: BTPro Server 11 - Europe Map (Beta Test) 11 years 5 months ago #1419

I like the Europe map. Especially the close placement of the same types of industry. However, there is a need to balance that: whenever a player claims an industry, there aren't many other options to use other primary industries of the same type to transport from. Look at the coal in morocco and the wood in the north of Europe. Once a player claims these, there aren't many alternatives.

Re: BTPro Server 11 - Europe Map (Beta Test) 11 years 5 months ago #1421

Ah the poinnt of this is for tough competition over resources between players so coal mines, forests, iron ore, farms, oil, passengers and mail will all be fought over. So building big hub stations near these resources then using trains or road vehicles to transfer to the hub is key especially when alot of players are on.

Remember on BTPro we allow players to claim factories and steel works in order for any goods and steel you produce to be yours only. Hence makes doing iron ore, wood, farm and oil much more attractive than coal.

I'm glad you enjoy playing, hopefully alot more people will start playing over the weekend, where we will take all feedback into account!

Happy Gaming,

cxc
Server Admin
  • cxc
  • cxc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 35

Re: BTPro Server 11 - Europe Map (Beta Test) 11 years 5 months ago #1432

B) Nice! Still online? I will check it out tonight!

Re: BTPro Server 11 - Europe Map (Beta Test) 11 years 5 months ago #1435

No it's offline at the moment.

Re: BTPro Server 11 - Europe Map (Beta Test) 11 years 5 months ago #1436

:dry: i noticed that the version i sent is not cost modded, it really needs base cost mod grf on it,

Buying planes should be very expansive 3-5milion range
Airfields should be around 1milion
buldozing should be around 20k /tile
Deleting 1 tile of water should be around 20milion Euro to prevent map circling and destroyers

The planes are fun to have but should be impossible to start with... thats too easy..

also i would advise to set vehicle limits and slow planes..

100 trains 40 road 10 ships & 10 planes

thats the way i used to run it in the old days.. ;)
im having some trouble adding or deleting grf's on 1.2.3 can someone please explain how to add or delete grf from existing maps thx in advance..

Last edit: by Mega.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 BTPro Server 11 - Europe Map (Beta Test) - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.