>choose 4 cities to populate
>cities go to 5 k
>out of 100 cities on the map guy places airport in city with my busses
>dafuq
>"wtf"
>"Competition :)"
>Block other cities.
>(presumably) admin joins
>"Competition is allowed. Remove your tracks and let other guy place as many airports around your cities as he wants to."
>!resetme
>Fuck this game

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Troll ass players. 1 year 6 months ago #8244

Sounds like you had a great game here Updraft :D

It kinda depends on what you did, but stating from this line:
>out of 100 cities on the map guy places airport in city with my busses

This is actually allowed, cause a city is not your property. What he is NOT allowed to do is to place airports in the town which you own, but unfortunately Cities are for everyones use.
It doesn't really matter in this case if you already had busses driving around in that city, you don't own the City since it's a source for all players... This is a part of the competition on these kind of servers!

Sorry to see that you had a bad experience, but in this case your competitor was allowed to do what he did.

Blocking after that which you apparently did if I read this line:
>Block other cities.
That is NOT allowed. Deliberately blocking resources in this case is not allowed!

If I look at what kind of game you want to play, you can better go for CV games. In this type of games you are not dependant on cities or resources in cities.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Frank
Server Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inscius, tomb

Troll ass players. 1 year 6 months ago #8245

Sorry about the late reply, I've been busy and haven't checked the forum for a few days.
Frank is basically right on the money here, but since I was the moderator on the scene I figured I should reply as well.

As Frank says, cities other than your main city are not owned by you, other people are allowed to build there.
And that city with your buses was also one of the biggest cities on the map, so it was entirely reasonable for the other player to want to build an airport there, it was not just picked to troll you.
Also, the other player deleted that airport when you started to make a stink about it, which is not typical troll behaviour. In short, I didn't see the other player do anything that could be considered against the rules.

What you then did was build rails and roads around all "your" cities in order to prevent other companies from building stations there. This is a form of blocking and is against the rules, and I told you as much.
Instead of removing those blocks you then decided to reset your company and leave the game.

Now to be fair, I only joined after you made that admin call, and I don't know if the red player did anything else to rile you up before this. But from what I saw, you were the only one breaking the rules.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, tomb
  • Inscius
  • Don't believe anyone. Including me.
  • Thank you received: 59

Last edit: by Inscius.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Troll ass players. - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.