Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

how to get 9 poin in server 13a 8 years 3 months ago #4965

It doesnt take any time to build up your company value... Atleast for me I always have around 800-900 company value. Only I never can get the lowest income on a vehicle to be over 20000. Short stops = low income. It's just the way you play I guess.

But the harder the game the more points you score. When playing K1 it gives you like 80 points I think, but that takes ages to complete. But maybe the FIRS CB should give some more points since it's much harder to complete than any other CB game and gives about the same amount of points.

But then again not really playing for points here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

how to get 9 poin in server 13a 8 years 3 months ago #4970

Offtopic note: Trabzz, maybe you're not playing for points, but you earned 522 points in 7 days, it gives 27k+ a year :) Nice!
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

how to get 9 poin in server 13a 8 years 3 months ago #4971

haha yeah I know :) but I play 25K CB or the Firs script city builders and if you get a decent time you just get +/- 30 points. Much more than the 8k or 4k.

how to get 9 poin in server 13a 8 years 3 months ago #4973

Let me show you something...

Take a look at the Test Server #97. This year I played two games there:
Game #459; time = 00 Hrs, 37 Min, 19 Sec; worth 15 points
Game #476; time = 00 Hrs, 30 Min, 30 Sec; worth 1 point (one point!)

Nice, isn't it? Can you do that? :-) (I know it is the test server, but I just wanted to show you nice difference, so I picked up fresh config)

I talked a little bit with ST2 about point formulas (thanks ST2!) I tried to figure them out ;-) Finally I thought: there is no need to change them, it is nice to discover on which servers you gather better points, on which not. It doubles the pleasure: 1st - the game gives the pleasure, 2nd - getting familiar with scoring details gives additional fun. And now I think it doesn't matter if it is "fair" or "not fair". Because - as already mentiond above - even if the formula isn't perfect, it gives more fun.

Anybody agrees?
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-

how to get 9 poin in server 13a 8 years 3 months ago #4981

@tomb: #97 is random goals no? I notice on it's high score page the "population" field is 0 for every game, so it's probably just scoring on $$/rating etc., not time.

@everyone: After talking with ST I've come up with a possible alternative formula for CB games that puts more emphasis on time, there's a old/new comparison of some recent games here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ed7qJtNm...5W4/edit?usp=sharing

I don't think there's ever going to be a perfect system, but this at least seems to get rid of the issue of someone taking twice as long yet getting more points, particularly on the easier goals.

how to get 9 poin in server 13a 8 years 3 months ago #4982

@Tobus: Yes, #97 is not a CB server, it is focused on $$/rating. Anyway, I think that time should be important on every server.

One petition: If you're planning to change scoring for all CBs, please take arctic/desert climates and APHID's CB also into account. Applying the same formula for all CBs to fix scoring for temperate climate may significantly lower points in other climates.
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 how to get 9 poin in server 13a - Page 3 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.