Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

how to get 9 poin in server 13a 8 years 2 months ago #4983

Yes I agree with Tomb since the 8K desert is harder than the 8K temperate. More cargo is needed, the trains are slower, the towns are smaller and the industry doesn't produce the same amound of cargo as in temperate. so it would take longer to finish it and you need more trains. Its just more work to complete the 8K desert. So you just can't change the points to all match the 8K temperate time since that is just less work and can be completed in 40 to 50 min.

So also the difficulty of the game should be taken in consideration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

how to get 9 poin in server 13a 8 years 2 months ago #4984

Definitely - my aim will be to have each server assign the same points range that it does now, but to assign the highest points to the fastest players. There shouldn't be a difference in the size of the scores, but they might get assigned to different players.

Looking at the high scores tables, the problem doesn't seem as noticeable on the more difficult servers. I think the length of the harder games means good/fast players build up Company Value and so usually get the top scores anyway. So perhaps it's only needed on Temperate? It's a good place to start anyway.

how to get 9 poin in server 13a 8 years 2 months ago #4992

From what i recalled you earned more points for playing in the later years of a game. So by starting your company very late you earned a ton more points. Might have been fixed though.
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

how to get 9 poin in server 13a 8 years 2 months ago #5000

@Saber: You are right. Late start = faster vehicles + bigger capacities --> more money earned with less vehicles + chance of finding abadoned industry with massive production. In result - more points.
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

how to get 9 poin in server 13a 8 years 2 months ago #5001

There *is* a component of the formula that reduces your score based on how late you joined the game, but perhaps it's not weighted enough? You'd have to look at a whole bunch of games to know, and it would be pretty hard to get it perfect in all scenarios I'd imagine.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 how to get 9 poin in server 13a - Page 4 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.