Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

is there client-side cheating? 10 years 7 months ago #2135

Dear developers, please, tell me, if there is a theoretical POSSIBILITY of a client-side cheating.
(sometimes players do LIGHTNING-FAST growing, which look pretty suspicious)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

is there client-side cheating? 10 years 7 months ago #2136

There is no client side cheatng taking place. These players only understand how the mechanics of the gamemode work to ensure the optimal growth of their towns.

One of the most influential factors at the beginning of the game is your town rating (from -1000 to +1000) where the higher the rating, the quicker your town will grow. The road planning aspect that you perform is also highly important and influences your town rating significantly as well. The more roads you build at the beginning of the game, the lower your town ratings. You can successfully meet all demands every month but if you have a bad town rating, your town will grow at least twice as slow as someone with a good town rating.

Also pick towns that are closest to the claim limit. Picking a town much lower than the claim limit will add unneccesary time to your game.

These are just a few tips to help improve your game and to help you and other players understand that the mechanics of the CityBuilder game mode are much more complex than just supplying cargo every month.

Regards,

cxc
Server Admin
  • cxc
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

is there client-side cheating? 10 years 7 months ago #2137

no-no-no
the question is is there a POSSIBILITY,
does the game architecture allow this theoretically

is there client-side cheating? 10 years 7 months ago #2139

I think a better question would be if the SERVER architecture would allow this, and the answer to that question (at least until now)is definatly a NO!

There are clients which have extra tools to build faster (like the BTPro OpenTTD client), but that won't influence the town growth rate, that's all the servers decision.

So, answer to your question: NO, not possible. Or it must be something that the creators of the CB script (that would be me + Knogle) don't know of, which seem unlikely :D

is there client-side cheating? 10 years 7 months ago #2141

well, it sounds good.
and also you answerd another question :) i always wonder how do they build not only so fast but so CLEAN without a single missclick.

is there client-side cheating? 10 years 7 months ago #2145

Never missing a single click or month of demands is just down to experience, so one day you'll be that good too :) Just bare in mind my reponse from my first reply and you'll get there in no time at all :)
  • cxc
  • Thank you received: 35

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 is there client-side cheating? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.