Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

BTPro Server #13 settings Single Player 10 years 8 months ago #2079

Hi,

I'd like to be able to train Citybuilder in single player with the exact same configuration as the server. As a noob I'd like to be able to continue the game as it just started getting fun after 1 hour so I can practice my end game as well. And I'll need more than 4 years to experiment with the game mechanics.

One quick observation
- I saved a multiplayer game on server #13 once but even if I load it it doesn't show it's using the citybuilder script while if I save and load a citybuilder game in single player it does show it's using citybuilder under AI/Script settings in game. The server does use citybuilder right?

Is setting up Citybuilder in single player just a matter of configuring the Citybuilder settings in the main menu under AI/Script settings or does it really require modifying the .nut files?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BTPro Server #13 settings Single Player 10 years 8 months ago #2080

I think if u want longer games you could try to play on server 12. That is exactly the same as server 13, only the goal is 8000 not 4000. If you want to practice for the 4000 goal, you will have time for it while the others getting to 8000. Maybe you can get some examples from other how to play.
And sometimes there arent any players on server 12 so you can practice there.
  • NaB
  • Thank you received: 6

BTPro Server #13 settings Single Player 10 years 8 months ago #2081

I'd like to emphasize on this:

And I'll need more than 4 years to experiment with the game mechanics

Allow me to elaborate, I'm particularly interested in the fastest way to get to growth every day. I'm aware of the common strategies; In a normal game a town needs a monthly passenger service at up to five stations. I've read about station rating being required but that might just be a coincidence as servicing stations frequently often means getting high ratings. One bus traveling a city with 5 bus stops only capable of carrying 5% of the supply resulting in a very poor rating could prove this if it reached the max growth speed in the same amount of time as an identical town with more buses and a high rating. The third point would be the max growth promillage.

Even if you always meet the cargo requirements, players who know how to influence the town growth have a huge advantage. I want to research these town growth mechanics, and to do so it would be ideal to be able to play in single player with the server's settings. How to do that is my question.

BTPro Server #13 settings Single Player 10 years 8 months ago #2088

Currently you are unable to play the BTPro version of CityBuilder in a single player mode.

The best way to get a greater understanding of how the mechanics work are by asking/ watching fellow players ingame. There a wide variety of factors that contribue to optimal town growth but by learning them one by one you'll find out the best strageties for winning games quickly.

I'd recommend learning these mechanics on the 25,000 population goal servers as you'll be guaranteed a three to four hour game to practice growth techniques on towns.

Regards,

cxc
Server Admin
  • cxc
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

BTPro Server #13 settings Single Player 10 years 8 months ago #2096

I was under the impression that if I just had the open TTD folder of the server and hosted an unadvertised multiplayer game it would be the same as single player =)

This was not the answer I hoped for, but if cxc says so then so be it =)

BTPro Server #13 settings Single Player 10 years 8 months ago #2104

The thing why it is like this is that you need to have an external "management" program which runs in the background which is specifically designed for multiplayer games. This management program makes sure that a goal needs to be reached and chat messages are being shown in some situations.

For the CityBuilder version of BTPro to behave like it behaves on our servers you need this, but unfortunaly this program (xShunter) is not available for public use as of yet. Maybe it will become available in the future, but then still you need to do your own scripting.

Sorry for this not satisfying answer.

Frank
Server Admin

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 BTPro Server #13 settings Single Player - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.