Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Compiling OpenTTD 1.9.1 with btpro in Ubuntu 12.04 4 years 11 months ago #6922

This topic describes how I managed to compile 1.9.1 with btpro-client in Ubuntu 12.04 and how I got it to work.
It took some effort and I thought it might be nice to share if others run into similar issues.

Why? I have an old laptop running XP and XUbuntu 12.04. After the issues I ran into described in this topic:
openttd.btpro.nl/index.php/forum/30-btpr...u-innerhighlight-grf
I decided to stick with XP. Now a win32 btpro-client is no longer provided, I thought I could compile one using MinGW. Only to run into a plethora of issues. Back to XUbuntu it was!

Files used:
openttd-1.9.1 source (proxy.binaries.openttd.org/openttd-relea...ttd-1.9.1-source.zip)
BTPro client 1.9.1 A 19101 (openttd.btpro.nl/OpenTTD_versions/BTPro_...1_A_19101_source.zip)
innerhighlight.grf

Steps taken
1. Install gcc 4.7 and g++ 4.7 (c++11 is required for compiling). See 2nd best answer in this thread: askubuntu.com/questions/113291/how-do-i-install-gcc-4-7
2. Extract openttd-1.9.1 source twice: one for unedited compiling, one for btpro client
3. Compile openttd-1.9.1 and ‘sudo make install’. (Explanation in step 9)
4. Apply btpro .diff file to the extracted source files purposed for the btproclient.
5. Install unix2dos and use it on the ‘configure’ file for the btproclient source (for me it had ^M characters)
6. Edit /src/misc_gui.cpp and add the line ‘#include <string>’ above all the includes. (Otherwise my make would fail in error)
7. Compile using make.
8. ‘sudo make install’.
9. Without make installing the unedited openttd client, the btproclient would not run for me. It would start, complain about missing gfx and then crash on the download. The unedited openttd client will now take care of this for you :)
10. Run OpenTTD BTPro client from the /bin/ folder by starting the executable. Running fro CLI results in errors about language packs and will not start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, ST2, tomb
  • M-Trac
  • M-Trac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 23

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.024 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Compiling OpenTTD 1.9.1 with btpro in Ubuntu 12.04 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.