Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

K2 - Road King - server revival 6 years 3 months ago #6358

Around 3 years ago (on the time of OpenTTD 1.5.0), BTPro had a Road King server; in short words, a server with only Road Vehicles (RV's). At the time, and for several reasons, the server was shutdown! But was always kept on our hearts! Especially mine, because I always loved the concept, but to others too, because serverID was kept reserved ^^

While there's no way to prevent abuses, that forced #K2 to close, We're proud to announce that #K2 is back online!! But with conditions!

There's always a "but"... And that is, server will be VIP only (at least for now), because are players that we trust on theirs gameplay/styles, mostly based on games the Admin team watched. And, it gives a new "space" to people that support/help us to play a different mode, and peacefully :)

I tried to keep as most as the original settings of the "old" #K2, only making some adjustments that I considered necessary. One is the use of Road Hog newgrf, simply because it's maintained. But I'm open to other RV newgrf's suggestions ^^

Other good news is: breakdowns are off \o/

Feel free to leave a word on what you have in mind to make a RV only server even better (can include an industry newgrf ^^).
Enjoy the games :)

Edit: If someone want to try it and not a VIP, please Contact me on IRC .
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ST2.

K2 - Road King - server revival 6 years 2 months ago #6370

I had a couple of games on this. It's quite fun :P

A few things:
- It would be nice if it didnt cost money to remove built roads, after all, removing rails gives a refund too.
- trams are slower than trucks, that doesn't seem right to me...

I'll add more if i think of more ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2

K2 - Road King - server revival 6 years 2 months ago #6378

Couple changes (basecosts newgrf):
- Build road set to now a quarter of original costs;
- Remove road set to Free - but still costs 2 euros per tile - guess it's the minimum to OpenTTD don't crash ^^

About the trams, nothing I can do, because are on same newgrf as the RV's (Road Hog). I've chosen Road Hog because it's actively maintained, but if you find some RV/Tram/fancy things combination , I'm open to suggestions. The only conditions: NO trains, NO air and NO ships... to keep server spirit ^^
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hawky, tomb
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Last edit: by ST2.

K2 - Road King - server revival 6 years 2 months ago #6414

Just to say: Toyland was added to the loop! Anyway, the people that doesn't like it, a !voterestart gives another climate ^^

Enjoy the games :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 K2 - Road King - server revival - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.