Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pepe, Server 4 1 year 7 months ago #8212

Server 4
Game 5008
unregistered player spent ~30 years to make 2 huge cities not far one form another with route between them and stations inside cities.
he reseted his company.registered new company and rebuilt passanger route between 2 cities and mad HUGE income at start.
after this built sawmills and started to deliver wood and used self-competing truck to keep high ratio an wood station and goods station. imgur.com/a/pfi8p05
he completed goal in time that is impossible in fair game.
he logged in as Pepe.
ALL of his records at server 4 was made unfair and should be deleted, imho.

my best game on this server was 1h 33min, and it was sow fast only because very good start point and late start year with fast trains
  • duraki
  • duraki's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by duraki.

Pepe, Server 4 1 year 7 months ago #8214

Indeed. A lot of his games on #4 and #5 are various tricks which could be interpreted as violation of Rule #4 (cheating to advance yourself ahead of the competition unfairly)...

Edit: Self-competing is also not allowed.
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

Last edit: by tomb.

Pepe, Server 4 1 year 7 months ago #8230

Would it be possible to create a setting that if player resets their company, new company cannot be created in same server for next 5 minutes (or more)?
As company can also be created by unregistered (not logged in) player,
this setting must most likely take into consideration also connected player ip address.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb

Last edit: by Trumsi.

Pepe, Server 4 1 year 7 months ago #8231

My opinion:

We should certainly allow unregistered players to create a company. We need to encourage new players to get familiar with the servers, not reject them at the start. A new player very rarely starts the game by registering with the community.

Players who use various tricks to "stretch the rules" will still wait those 5 minutes (or more) to make the best time (not really fair). This won't change anything, and will hinder honest players.

See also similar thread: openttd.btpro.nl/forum/11-server-rules/3...ny-and-restart-on-cb
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

Pepe, Server 4 1 year 7 months ago #8232

pepe waits 4 hours to reset old company and start new, so he will wait another 5 mins, if needed :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb
  • duraki
  • duraki's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Pepe, Server 4 1 year 7 months ago #8233

I think you have misunderstood me. Will pepe play, then reset a company and 4 hours later come back into game and create a new company?

What i meant was that if player who has already created a company and playing, chooses to reset their company, there would be a cooldown of 5-10 minutes, before they can create a new company in same server. Nothing holds them back, from going to another server and starting a new company there. This wouldn´t hinder new players in any way, but rather hinders players who choose to stretch rules.

Cooldown is also good, as it will avoid another trick being applied, which i´ve seen players use. Use money from 1st company to lay out track from one place to another, then reset company and place back track to same place, avoiding little bit of cost. It takes about 55 seconds, for grass (or any other terrain) to reappear, after which there wouldn´t be any cost difference, between of placing track right away or after 55 seconds. They would still get away with bigger cities, they have built or industries (mines; farms; etc) producing more, but as these are shared resources, anyone can use them.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Pepe, Server 4 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.