Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Server #9, ST2 removing 3 of my games 6 years 2 months ago #6432

I haven't played for a while before, since then a lot of rules changed. Can't full load with buses, can't cross roads with rail,,, what?
Also now there is the Rule #4:
No self-competition on primary industries is permitted. Also cheating to advance yourself ahead of the competition unfairly will not be tolerated.

The games in question:
9 2957 11 0 No 2018-01-15 23:44:15 02 Hrs, 23 Min
9 3020 10 0 No 2018-02-10 17:37:56 02 Hrs, 06 Min
9 3023 8 0 No 2018-02-12 16:08:51 01 Hrs, 53 Min

So anyway, I haven't read the rules for a while, but apparently I broke Rule #4. ONCE.
Since after the change on Server #9, it is really expensive to build your own factories. So now it is really up to blind luck if you get a good map or a competetively "unplayable". So I played a game, and got enough money to fund like 4 industries to create the ideal map. I didn't quite know I was breaking the rules, but yes, I broke Rule #4. This happened in game 3020.

So basically in Open TTD you want to transport things as far as you possibly can. If you don't have really crappy trains, or the map is way too big, this brings the most income.
Here we can see the end factories of my system:
You can see that I built a Machine Shop and an Aluminium Plant to the very left corner of the map, next to each other, so I can access both with one station, it is a lot simpler that way. I also built a Bulk Terminal to the same corner.
I built an Oil Refinery to the very right corner, and a Metal Fabrication Plant is also near, although it was there originally.
This way I got the ideal map, and by the time I got past 2020, so Maglev engines appeared as well.
Then I reset my comany, and started a new one, I did pretty good, I reached the goal in 02 Hrs, 06 Min.
Though I broke Rule #4. So game 3020 was rightfully removed. That where it should end.

However there are two other games that has been removed, where I didn't break any rules. Apparently ST2 decided that any games "too fast" are achieved by cheating. Which is kind of logical, but not necessarily true. Since you weren't there all you can do is to assume things, since I doubt you would have all the save games for every single game ever. It is hard being an admin.
Luckily for us I have this habit of saving my fastest games. You can find thoose 3 here:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mQahsxK2...yKU1patc?usp=sharing

So let's continue with game 2957:

I don't even understand what could be the problem. I don't remember resetting my company, it is before Maglev, and the end factories aren't in a too good place as well. I was having a different gameplan here, this is an older game.
The Oil Refinery happened to be there in the bottom corner. If I would have placed it, I would have placed it a little farther. The Machine Shop and Ammonia Plant are not at all in the top corner, and they are quite far away, so they can't be accessed by the same station. So I don't remember if I played on that same map with an another company before this, but even if I did, I didn't fund anything. I would have placed them a lot better, I'm not stupid.

Lastly game 3023:
CasCades was playing on the map for like 50 years already. He was afk, had only a couple of trains, so he was nowhere near reaching the goal. I decided to start a game. I was kinda tired, I messed up real hard more than once: I was too slow to begin with, I didn't upgrade my station at the Oil Refinery for a really long time, so trains were waiting half a map long line, one of my end train stations haven't even accepted Engineering Supplies, it was 1 tile too far. So I decided there is no point in continuing, so I resetted my company. By the time, CasCades "woke up", and we were talking in chat, and I managed to use the "not fair" word in some context, only if I knew our FBI man is always listening, and "not fair" is a trigger word for admins. I won't ever write anything in chat again. Every single word is recorded and will be used against you. ST2 feel free to paste the whole thing here if you want.
So CasCades wanted to convince me to play one more, I didn't want to, but then changed my mind, afterall it's not everyday you get to use the best maglew engine in the game.

I guess CasCades could tell too, since he was watching: I haven't funded anything.
But still let's analyze the end factories:
Oil Refinery was at a very good place. Well, happens. Machine Shop and Aluminium Plant aren't even nearly optimal. Especially the Aluminium Plant is really far from the corner, and Machine Shop isn't in the corner as well. Metal Fabrication Plant is quite far from the left corner as well. Bulk Terminal happened to be at a relatively good place. Again: If I would have funded them I would have placed them a lot better. With the help of the best engine in the game, I reached the goal in 01 Hrs, 53 Min.

The other way I could have got ahead with my first company is to last it long enough, so I will get to Maglev, to better engines.
C'mon it is 2066 when it ended. I played for 8 years that's 2058. The game before wasn't longer than 10 years: 2048. The last Maglev engine Chimaera is designed in 2037. I could already use them in my first game, so I didn't use my first game to make the game last long enough for it.

To sum up, there is no reason for my 2957 and 3023 games to be removed, I didn't break any rules.
  • NaB
  • NaB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by NaB.

Server #9, ST2 removing 3 of my games 6 years 2 months ago #6433

On every server, and from times to times, always appear that player trying to circunvent our server rules on the attempt to beat game best times. We discourage this kind of behavior and, when needed, we apply punishments when abuses spotted.
This was one more case (the usual 1st company, prepare terrain, wait for better vehicles, bigger towns, developed industries and so on, reset and later make a new company) of "cheating to advance yourself ahead of the competition unfairly will not be tolerated.", and that's why the 3 games removal (points and winning).
But you're right, it wouldn't be fair to the other players that got similarly punished, for the exact same reason. They had 5 games removed, and that's what I'll do to you too.

anyway, only to show some intentions:

[2018-02-12 12:55:24] <+ttd-srv9> NaB (Purple): but anyway I doubt I could beat my 2h 6 min
[2018-02-12 12:55:27] <+ttd-srv9> TheUnimportant (Pink): hm but u got a 250 mil/year performance
[2018-02-12 12:55:41] <+ttd-srv9> NaB (Purple): that map was way better
[2018-02-12 12:55:43] <+ttd-srv9> TheUnimportant (Pink): 2 years left now
[2018-02-12 12:55:51] <+ttd-srv9> TheUnimportant (Pink): this is 10 years
[2018-02-12 12:55:57] <+ttd-srv9> TheUnimportant (Pink): and not a new record
[2018-02-12 12:56:05] <+ttd-srv9> NaB (Purple): though it was only with the 2nd maglew, not this 400 mph one
[2018-02-12 12:56:16] <+ttd-srv9> NaB (Purple): !resetme
[2018-02-12 12:56:16] <+ttd-srv9> TheUnimportant (Pink): aah
[2018-02-12 12:58:17] <+ttd-srv9> TheUnimportant (Spectator): !voterestart
[2018-02-12 12:58:17] * +ttd-srv9 * ?? TheUnimportant (#79/255 (Spectator)/DE) has started a vote to restart the game with a new map.
[2018-02-12 12:58:31] <+ttd-srv9> NaB (Spectator): you don't want to do it with maglew?
[2018-02-12 12:58:47] <+ttd-srv9> TheUnimportant (Spectator): no it would be not fair
[2018-02-12 12:58:55] <+ttd-srv9> NaB (Spectator): its not about fair :D
[2018-02-12 12:59:14] <+ttd-srv9> NaB (Spectator): there's just two types of games here on the server
[2018-02-12 12:59:19] <+ttd-srv9> NaB (Spectator): with and witout maglew
[2018-02-12 12:59:39] <+ttd-srv9> TheUnimportant (Spectator): the real record is without maglev only
[2018-02-12 12:59:52] <+ttd-srv9> TheUnimportant (Spectator): this would be a real record
[2018-02-12 13:00:18] <+ttd-srv9> NaB (Spectator): yeah, I doubt this one would have even beat the 2h23min

• ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Server #9, ST2 removing 3 of my games 6 years 2 months ago #6434

Did you even read post?

Edit: Reply restored by admin ST2
  • NaB

Last edit: by ST2.

Server #9, ST2 removing 3 of my games 6 years 2 months ago #6440

THis comment will be deleted
  • NaB

Server #9, ST2 removing 3 of my games 6 years 2 months ago #6444

NaB: replies that you think were deleted, they weren't fully, and wasn't by any admin action: Admins can see it! But I'll explain why the anti-spam system automatically hid those: 1st one was because of the 600 seconds any player needs to wait before make another reply; 2nd (made my a boggy account you created) and 3rd was because of short message, not including any recognizable word.

Maybe you think it was me deleting them, but wasn't, that's why this reply to clarify things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NaB
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Server #9, ST2 removing 3 of my games 6 years 2 months ago #6453

Holy ****. Do I have to write with perfect english or what?
Every. Single. Time:

Error
Cannot save message: Message body is empty!

Please consider making the forum usable too, not just safe.
I literally can't post what I want for some reason, here is my message:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NT1AFyFD...g-yCLZlY?usp=sharing
  • NaB

Last edit: by NaB.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Server #9, ST2 removing 3 of my games - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.