Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lumber Mill in sub-tropic map 11 years 2 months ago #1575

Hi.. I just played a game today in server #6, when i came there, there was someone have been playing for a few years in game.. then i joined with a nice start with passangers then i started to build a full diagonal line (from corner to corner) to transport wood then i found My own Lumber Mills, but a few seconds latter He (the one that has been playing before me) built a station around my Lumber Mill and began to transport it. i told him "hey.. i fund this Lumber Mill by my money, why you steal it?? cant you fund yours and let us compete fairly?" but he only said many times "no rule about it", i just want players to respect each others to let them play their game and be nice or fair. He messed up my game!! I hope that there will be a rule, eh not rule but something that when we fund our Factory or Industrie there will be writen on it like "Founded by trastanechora transport" and no one can build station on it's service area like some of another server does.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by trastanechora.

Re: Lumber Mill in sub-tropic map 11 years 2 months ago #1576

There is a reason why Lumber Mills are for everyone to use. This is mainly because they are VERY OVERPOWERED and as soon as someone starts building them it's usually "gg" as in no one else has the ability to catch up. And as Lumber Mills are a industry that produces wood it falls under the same rulings as oil, copper, rubber, fruit, maize, water and diamonds. I see no reason to protect this funded industry, especially since it gives the player such an advantage over others to who can afford it because of the very high cargo value for wood. Granted if you built a factory for example then that would be yours.

There is no real reason to build Lumber Mills to win a game. If I had the ability I would remove them from the game. Sadly I can not so you must just take the risk of someone using them if you wish to build Lumber Mills, I'm afraid.

Hope that has cleared it up a little. Any more questions, and I'll be glad to answer them

cxc
Server Admin
  • cxc
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

Re: Lumber Mill in sub-tropic map 11 years 2 months ago #1577

I completely disagree.. :angry: i think that a server have power to remove the "Fund Primary Industry" i saw in some other servers :dry: .
And i play the game to complete the goal, the faster it will be better, why not another player racing to build their own lumbermill??

Re: Lumber Mill in sub-tropic map 11 years 2 months ago #1578

This is where your gap in the knowledge comes into play. Lumber Mills are classed as a "Primary Industry" hence impossible to remove from the game without the use of NewGRF's. We wish to keep the standard goal servers NewGRF free in order to increase accessibility to our servers. Lumber Mills are just one of those things you have to deal with :)

A little bit of info :)

One Lumber mill costs: £527,343
One 7 length train carrying full load gives: £125,000 (actual value may slightly vary)
Hence you only need to make 5 deliveries before you have completely paid off the Lumber Mill and have made some profit. Because it is also cross map you can have several trains running the route in the year meaning you can pay off the cost of the Lumber Mill in less than a year! Then the rest of the money you make is just pure profit. Imagine how much money you can make from just Lumber Mills, it's easy to increase your actually income by over £3,000,000 (~24 trips a year) a year just by having 6 Lumber Mills. Then there is all the additional money to be made from Goods aswell. Hence for someone starting late, there is no point for them to play when someone else has Lumber Mills (if protected). Making them unprotected gives late comers an actual chance in the game due to the fact we allow you to compete with it.

When the issue first arised with Lumber Mills we use to allow them to be protected. HOWEVER this caused us far too much grief so we decided to limit the use of them so much so that server 4 and 5 does not allow multiple industries per town. It would be a complete shame to have to change the setting on server 6 quick goal as well.

You must remember server rules exist, not because of what we wish to impose. But in fact to ensure everyone playing has a fair and enjoyable experience on our servers.

Regards,

cxc
Server Admin
  • cxc
  • Thank you received: 35

Re: Lumber Mill in sub-tropic map 11 years 2 months ago #1579

Okay.. I respect it :unsure:

Re: Lumber Mill in sub-tropic map 11 years 2 months ago #1603

We have had a lot of discussions and issues with lumber mills in the past.

We left it with a rule that they count as primary industry and free for all as well as making sure it is impossible to build 20+ of them in one forest and win in a year :>
Keeping BTPro.nl servers troll and cheat-free! beware!
  • Ivanoz
  • There is no spoon!
  • Thank you received: 2

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Lumber Mill in sub-tropic map - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.