Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Please unban me! 9 years 3 weeks ago #4196

Your name ingame: michaelmills1996
Admin who banned you: (If that's known) Automatic system?
Reason why you are banned:

Me and my mate were competing in a city (on server 15A) that was next to the border of his land. I put two train platforms down next to the border as it was in an ideal part of the city for me. After a while, I wanted to expand my train service so I added a new platform (which it let me do), then when I put a piece of train line down after it, it stopped me from doing it as it was in his land. Fair enough. So I tried to remove the pointless platform that I'd just added and I got kicked. Went back on and called an admin about it (DNK?). Explained the situation and placed signs asking him if he could please delete the platform for me. Spent about five minutes explaining that it was my own property (so I wasn't causing destruction to my mate's property - just trying to delete my own), it let me put it there in the first place and it looked stupid being there as I couldn't do anything with it - hence why I wanted to delete it. Then tried to delete it myself again and I got banned temporarily. Went onto server 15 and spoke to a different admin about it (can't remember who exactly - sorry!), who seemed to see where we were coming from after speaking to me and my mate and explained that it was just the automatic system of the game, even though I wasn't causing "destruction" in theory. Eventually got back onto the game and spent a few hours near the city building-up a train network to a factory. In that time, the other company (that was red) in that city who was competing with my mate had closed-down so I went back there (had forgot about the earlier situation) and put a train platform down close to where the red company had put one - but as the city had expanded massively, I didn't see any clear signs about it being his land and I didn't get a warning about it being his land when I tried to put the platform down, I simply got kicked and banned once again straight away.

Explain why you should be unbanned:

There was no intention to damage somebody else's land. Me and my mate were just trying to compete (he'll write his side of the story below). The first two accounts were me trying to delete my own property which it'd let me put down in the area anyway, to which I seeked admin help about. The third time was a honest mistake and, if I'd have been warned that it was his land where I was putting the platform (which I wasn't - I was just kicked and banned straight away), I would have found somewhere else to put it. I am a regular player and enjoy playing on servers 15/15A. I've been a member for a while and I definitely don't cause destruction on purpose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please unban me! 9 years 3 weeks ago #4197

Yea i am his mate And back what has been said, no harm intended from him and would like his Ban to be lifted if Possible as we where just having a mess around, trying to take each others passengers/goods, my Company was called Ace Travel on that server if that helps, the 2nd Admins name began with a G but cant remember his full name

Please unban me! 9 years 3 weeks ago #4198

I was that 2nd admin.

We've talked last night, and now again. We're working on resolving the issue. Either the ban will be automatically lifted in a little while, or it will be removed manually in the next few minutes.

Just a note for future reference, for you and others.

The causing destruction feature for protected areas in our gamescript isn't 100% flawless. Usually the protected area doesn't let you build, if for some reason it did, it might cause you trouble removing it. If this is the case, just leave it be. (1x is joining spectators, 2x is kick, 3x is temp ban). We can't remove the tempban if the game is running, without restarting the server.

Note 2, don't buy companies that go broke on citybuilder. Protected areas don't always disappear after a company is bought (it will if the company just goes bankrupt). This is a known bug and is being worked on. As buying another company won't help you towards the goal in a Citybuilder anyway, I strongly recommend to just let the companies go bankrupt (if nobody buys, the company will go bankrupt in next month or quarter or so).
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, Y961 XBU
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Please unban me! - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.