Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fool Behaviour 23-5-2020 0:00 - 0:42 3 years 10 months ago #7231

Dear reader,

i was in server 12 and noticed something disturbing: i saw pink stealing
goods from green. He laughed at us. I called for an admin but no one responded.
So i thought: i'm going to write this message. I hop there's something you can
do about. Greetings Coetzee
The following user(s) said Thank You: lilye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Coetzee.

Fool Behaviour 23-5-2020 0:00 - 0:42 3 years 10 months ago #7232

Hi there,

I was Red in that game. Pretty unsportsmanlike behavior from Pink.
I registered just now so that if anything like this happens I can help votekick.

Thanks for standing up for Green.

Fool Behaviour 23-5-2020 0:00 - 0:42 3 years 10 months ago #7236

Hi guys,

Did you by any chance catch the name of the player? Then we might be able to find it in the logs.
Probably this player is not a registered player at BTPro, which is always a struggle subject for us. Do we need to allow only players who are registered (which obviously helps to catch a bad guy) or do we want to keep the community open to everyone (which is also attractive for beginner players, but will attract trolls)?

What do you guys think?

Fool Behaviour 23-5-2020 0:00 - 0:42 3 years 10 months ago #7247

Their name was a three letter username starting with 'G' I think it may have been 'GPT'?

I don't think you need to restrict your server to only registered players, but it might help to have more numerous or more active (covering timespan/timezones) admins or moderators. We'd both typed the call for an admin, but none came to take a look at the situation. Coetzee started a vote to kick, but since they were the only registered player in the game, the vote failed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2

Fool Behaviour 23-5-2020 0:00 - 0:42 3 years 9 months ago #7248

hehe, that's a nice suggestion lilye. I think I will just pick a few from the moderator tree growing in my backyard.

You have to imagine that any moderator who is active in this community is doing this in their spare time. It's nice that you say that we should have more moderators online, but it's not so easy. Are you for example willing to dedicate your spare time on moderating our servers? Keep away the GPT's of this world from our servers and do only that? I guess your answer would be: no!

So: You have to remember that this community is for free. We are not earning any money with this and everything is based on volunteers moderating the servers. So, if you want to be a moderator to do what you are saying / suggesting, feel free to apply. But as said before: not so easy to open a bucket of moderators unfortunately.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, tomb

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Fool Behaviour 23-5-2020 0:00 - 0:42 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.