Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Voting to restart map excessively? 9 years 6 months ago #3627

I once saw someone on the IRC channel !voterestart for almost half an hour, is that allowed?
The intent was to get a favourable map..
Do you think this should be allowed or not?

I have the IRC channel logs if anyone wants them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Voting to restart map excessively? 9 years 6 months ago #3628

Yeah, I've seen people doing that quite often - the only real way to stop it would be to disable the !voterestart command, and it's more annoying (for me anyway), than actual cheating. If I see it happening repeatedly, I'll generally jump on to the server so that the vote won't automatically pass.

ST2 might be able to shed more light on whether the constant restarting does anything to affect the server loads or anything like that.

Voting to restart map excessively? 9 years 6 months ago #3629

well, on the server side, that's "peanuts", won't harm the loads

and yes, can be annoying a player constantly restarting a server trying to get a "perfect map" (it's cascades that mostly does that ^^) but to be honest, it don't bothers me, with one condition: since player don't enter with several clones to force a map restart.

My opinion is based on the fact that maps are built randomly. Towns and industries placement can define what's a "good or bad map", but not at the point of being considered a cheat (because it doesn't depend on the player actions but of the map generator). So, personally, I don't see an unfair advantage for the player that searches the "perfect map", and when it founds one, map items are there to him and any other player that joins and plays the map.
well, there's some players that prefer spend 1/2 or 1 hour restarting the server, trying to get a better map, instead of playing. Since don't break the above condition, all fine with me :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: trastanechora
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Voting to restart map excessively? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.