Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Resource Storing 10 years 7 months ago #2199

I recently played a 4k city builder game. Well on my way to victory someone decided to stop me by building roads 4 tiles long beside each of my forests. He then built a truck depot and 1 truck on each road, setting them to pick up wood. The resource was not being used, transported, or even picked up after the first stop. He just stored them in his truck depot so that my trains had nothing to pick up.

Please see attached image. I am Yellow, he is Blue.

He was not technically breaking any of the server rules, since this is a primary resource. If he was actually transporting and using the resource I wouldn't have a problem. However as soon as I expanded he could just come in and build 4 road tiles and a truck depot for almost no cost, stopping me from getting the resource.

I am posting this for clarification. He isn't technically breaking the rules, however he is not using the resource, merely storing it so I cant get it. Is this legit play? If so that seems a little odd to me...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BigBadBert. Reason: Uploading Image

Resource Storing 10 years 7 months ago #2200

hi :)

well, I can't well the image so, I'll give my opinion accordingly your description:
- If a player competes with another on used resources (primary ones), not delivering cargo to where's accepted (can be with transfers, but cargo must reach a final destination where accepted) or competing, delivering always to the closest industry - when not his normal gameplay -, it's clear that's ONLY to delay and slow other player progress. And both situations fit on current rule #5 : Do not block or sabotage other players. No land reserving of any kind. Do not put full load orders on road vehicles in shared towns/cities. This means it's NOT allowed for me. It's a mere common sense :P
In other words, when a player starts taking actions that won't help his company to reach server goal, he starts entering on actions not allowed by the rules. This way it's simpler to realize and judge many situations ^^

enjoy the games :)

regards
ST2
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadBert
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Resource Storing 10 years 7 months ago #2201

Thanks for the quick reply. So it is covered under Rule #5, since the cargo wasn't being delivered, didn't help his town grow, didn't make him money, and had the sole purpose of sabotaging another players progress. Thanks for the clarification in case it comes up again.

Back to the game!

Bert.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Resource Storing - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.