Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

the definition of blocking 11 years 8 months ago #1107

hello,

just wanted to say that in my opinion its not blocking if i build a street-grid just to make the cities growth. i do that just because its the optimal threatment to advance growth.

i know that many people are interested to build stations in large cities, and everybody is welcome, but i think its not ok to say that my street-grid, increasing the process of growth for more than 10 years, is an attempt to block other players, just because they want to place their stations in the middle of my well-grown city.
  • Lux
  • Lux's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: the definition of blocking 11 years 8 months ago #1108

The official rules mention already that blocking other players is not allowed. As well active as passive blocking is forbidden.

Active: Reserving land in front of the spot where another player is currently building to stop him/her.
Passive: Reserving land e.g. around a factory/town to prevent others from building near that spot.

“Reserving land” can mean putting rails or other obstructions there or buying land – anything that makes it impossible for another player to build there. Occupy at maximum 50% of the space around an industry/town (or 2 of 4 sides).

So what you are mainly looking at there is the last area but that should have covered it all.

Mr_Frosty.
The best Admin ever!

Re: the definition of blocking 11 years 8 months ago #1110

Lux, I entered your account and deleted your road because your road effectively boxed your opponents station in and prevented expansion, you road served no purpose to your company and you were ignoring his requests for you to delete it.

Dodger007

Re: the definition of blocking 11 years 8 months ago #1156

sure it is a good way to grow cities. but what it DOES is totaly block the city off from everyone else since they can not build anything.

you are allowed to do this in 1 direction only.
Keeping BTPro.nl servers troll and cheat-free! beware!
  • Ivanoz
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • There is no spoon!
  • Thank you received: 2

Re: the definition of blocking 11 years 7 months ago #1174

Ivanoz wrote: sure it is a good way to grow cities. but what it DOES is totaly block the city off from everyone else since they can not build anything.

you are allowed to do this in 1 direction only.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but arent you allowed to do this in two directions?

Re: the definition of blocking 11 years 7 months ago #1179

I believe that what Ivanoz meant was it's ok to expand a TOWN with your roads in one direction in the TOWN, obviously it should be acceptable to grow 2 towns in a similar fashion for passenger traffic ect.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 the definition of blocking - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.