Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

VIP Membership and !saveme command 3 years 7 months ago #7288

I'm curious about VIP membership status and the !saveme command. When trying to use !saveme in a game I'm told it's a VIP Membership privilege. However, this feature is not listed as a benefit on the VIP Membership info page. What is the truth? If VIP members do get to use !saveme, are there other "hidden" membership perks that are not explicitly disclosed on the Membership info page?

Lastly, how does !saveme interact with a vote to reset? I've been AFK on the "K1 - Extreme Goal" server and comeback to a reset server with just one active player. Would the !saveme count as one "Don't reset" vote?

Thanks to the continuing work of all admins to keep these servers running.
Reluctantly crouched at the starting line. Engines pumping and thumping in time. The green light flashes, the flags go up. Churning and burning, they yearn for the cup. They deftly maneuver and muscle for rank. Fuel burning fast on an empty tank. Reckless and wild, they pour through the turns.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, tomb
  • bobbytables
  • bobbytables's Avatar Topic Author
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Always sanitize DB inputs.
  • Thank you received: 7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VIP Membership and !saveme command 3 years 7 months ago #7290

Hi bobbytales

Valid question. I need to dive into the code if the !saveme command is counting as one "Don't Reset" vote.

Regarding the VIP privilege: yes, it's a VIP privilege. I will add it to the VIP page after I figured out (and maybe even altered the code) what it does exactly.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks.

Frank
Server Admin

VIP Membership and !saveme command 3 years 6 months ago #7293

Hi bobbytales,

The !saveme command has been added to the BTPro VIP Membership perks page. The description is:

• Access to the "!saveme" command in-game:
You will get access to the !saveme command. This will save your company from being autocleaned when you're offline.
(Note: The game WILL continue when other players are playing, so if the goal gets reached your company will be closed!)

It does NOT automatically count as a vote against a VoteReset request.

Hope this helps.

Frank
Server Admin

VIP Membership and !saveme command 3 years 6 months ago #7294

Thanks for updating the info page, and checking on the in-game command. Too bad about !saveme not counting as a "no reset" vote. It would make a nice tangible benefit to membership here.

Thanks to all the admins for keeping the servers running smooth!
Reluctantly crouched at the starting line. Engines pumping and thumping in time. The green light flashes, the flags go up. Churning and burning, they yearn for the cup. They deftly maneuver and muscle for rank. Fuel burning fast on an empty tank. Reckless and wild, they pour through the turns.
  • bobbytables
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-

VIP Membership and !saveme command 3 years 6 months ago #7295

Well, what isn't there would still be possible, but could you please explain the reason why you would like that?
On goal servers the !saveme command is only useful if the goal doesn't get reached in the meantime (long games with big goals?), but if the goal does get reached your company will be gone anyway because of the server restart...

Could you let me know how you think this would work?

Thanks

VIP Membership and !saveme command 3 years 6 months ago #7297

I commonly play the Extreme Goal on server K1/17. If I start a game on my own, I spend 2-4 hours building a rail network. Then if I pause my play and lose network connection while AFK, any single new player can reset. I lose my game progress, and the opportunity to return and finish the game. If !saveme counted as a "Don't reset" vote, it would take two players to trigger a reset. More of my started games could later be resumed to completion.

As it is, starting a new game by myself on a fresh K1 instance is a gamble since I can rarely devote 12 continuous hours to game-play. I run the risk of suffering a reset while not devoted to my computer screen.

Perhaps this is by design to best serve attentive players? Regardless I'm much more likely to wait to play until another player is active. Resets are very unlikely when more than one player has invested time into the current scenario. However, granting a "Don't reset" vote to VIP Members who use !saveme would be a very nice perk, while still allowing two or more players to affect a server reset if that VIP player is away. Just my opinion.

Anyway, thanks for listening and checking things out.
  • bobbytables
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 VIP Membership and !saveme command - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.