Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CV HighScores - What am I missing here? 6 years 11 months ago #6022

Heh. I guess I ll have to go back to CB coz there I things I know how works... this CV thing is still a mystery. Also creating such a huge profit..
At least I still have things to learn ;)
  • Aldoras
  • Aldoras's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CV HighScores - What am I missing here? 6 years 11 months ago #6023

Company Value is a "value" that our server controller gets from OpenTTD server admin port .

The ingame ranks (like typing !goal) are shown monthly, mostly to show players what's the goal and keep people "on their toes"!

Our current CB and BusyBee games have goals not provided by admin port. They work and are processed independently by GameScripts (GS) , and that's why the updates are more frequent (as the GS sends info to our controller).

Now, talking about BTPro games environment, all GS's that don't depend on admin port info, are updated with the speed we want (as we control the GS's used... obviously ^^). Admin port can be used to send/receive several information but, has the limitation, by game code, of only updating quarterly this values: Company Value, Cargo delivered, Rating, Income and Bank Balance. This last 5 values are updated quarterly (via Admin port or Gamescript API ).

About CV (company value), lets see OpenTTD wiki:

as stated here : "The company value is a score to your game playing based on your stations facilities and price, your vehicles price and your real money(money - loan) and it is 1 at min." (2 on BTPro servers, because we have servers set to euros).

In other words, about Company value: what's shown on company window and sent via admin port, it's what server controller get... for the !cv ^^
The following user(s) said Thank You: dodger007, tomb
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.

CV HighScores - What am I missing here? 6 years 11 months ago #6024

Aldoras, do not give up! The correct way is practise, practise and practise! And a little bit of knowledge. There is a lot of useful information on this forum, you just have to dig up. See here for example.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dodger007
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

CV HighScores - What am I missing here? 6 years 11 months ago #6025

Plus don't be afraid to ask the other other ingame payers watch them build their netowrks and quiz them oftern the will help(if your nice)

CV HighScores - What am I missing here? 6 years 11 months ago #6026

The main aim was to clarify if these players are using some exploits, or they just have a bigger understanding of the game, huge networks and enourmous profit..
I guess that has been clarified. I m not quitting OpenTTD at all, just those CV games are strange for me. They take a lot of time, and you have to be online majority of that time expanding your network. Generally thats the same for CB, but those games are imo shorter and you have to focus on delivering the right goods, not the overall profit. I often look ingame what others are building (in the paste I also asked tomb many questions) and it helped me alot.
I also experiment with ingame mechanics to ahcieve my goal. (for example bombing city in CB if you cant meet the demands at 4.5k+pop to win the game.. sounds silly but it works), currently I m trying to use ships (tomb/yolo used that in CB alot in the past) but I have a new tactic there :D (still testing, but it seems working) and so on.

But I guess there are a lot of things missing in my knowledge of the game when trying to play CV games. That cargo/distance/trains speed calculator is helpfull, also trying to deliver cargo 2ways, trying to take freight multiplication in count and many others.
-- I guess there should be a dedicated topic for advanced techniques :D You know.. for curious people from players who wants to share it. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, dodger007
  • Aldoras

CV HighScores - What am I missing here? 6 years 11 months ago #6055

Yeah.. 65 mil seems a lot compared to 35, but now I noticed that you are spaking in dollars $ and I play in with libre :D So my 35mil equals 70 in $ :)

So I guess I need to run that math once again. Also this finally makes sense why I see my CV so low in CB games and then it is much more when I look into highscore tables :D

Mystery solved!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb
  • Aldoras

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 CV HighScores - What am I missing here? - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.