Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tool to learn how town growth works 7 years 8 months ago #5501

dP wrote: ...you can always put two-platform stations between roads without disturbing layout. (...) If you have loops you're bound to have CS and waste some precious central house spots.

I played a game on test server #77, which is APHID CB 7.5k with lots of demands of the city: water, food, passengers, mail, goods, gold. I delivered them using two-platform stations and ships - see legend in right-bottom corner of attached screenshot. I made a spiral also. I was not able to make an ideal spiral, but I think I've done it quite good. I've never made a loop. However, I've got high CS.

screenshot

@dP and Saber: Please advice what I did wrong.

Edit: Sorry for writting another post after my post.
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tomb.

Tool to learn how town growth works 7 years 8 months ago #5502

It's hard to say by screenshot, by your roads probably weren't long enough. As you also get cs when town reaches dead end, so you need you roads to continue far enough (at least 5 tiles after last house). You can see where exactly cs are happening if you enable "town growth tiles" in zoning toolbar (don't remember if btpro client has it but citymania one has for sure). Also read Advanced town growth , it explains things a bit.

Btw you can also do transfers and move some stations further out as town grows. This is what I did in same gamemode for example (it's half-finished but whatever).
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, tomb
  • dP
  • Thank you received: 34

Last edit: by dP.

Tool to learn how town growth works 7 years 8 months ago #5504

Five tiles after last house + zoning to see CS = great advice :) Thanks!
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Tool to learn how town growth works - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.