Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

FIRS refit combinations chart or something alike. 2 years 7 months ago #7999

is there an updaded version of the two charts?
have been palying a few games now but it seems some wagon can be changed in station while others cannot.
Like haveing a train with open wagen set to load availble good but it's not rebuilding at all for salt and natriumbarbonate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalamityJohn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FIRS refit combinations chart or something alike. 2 years 6 months ago #8017

I also found that whereas we can refit say petroleum to chlorine, or Zinc to Pipe, vehicle parts or vehicle bodies to vehicles doesn't work. Is this a known bug?

FIRS refit combinations chart or something alike. 2 years 6 months ago #8018

Everything can be refitted to what the game says in the depot.
There is another kind of refitting: at station, which is very comfortable, because it just instantly refits at station without any complications.
This at station refit however does not work on every combination (I don't think it is a bug, it was like this in the prior FIRS too).
I found the Flatbed wagon to be the most useful in refitting. For example pig iron can turn into steel, and pig iron is refittable to steel. I think zinc, pig iron, steel, vehicle bodies, vehicle parts, pipe can be refitted to each other at station (I haven't fully tested all of these).
But for example vehicle bodies and parts turn into vehicles and engineering supplies, but they cannot be refitted to it at station.
For Bulk wagon the only useful at station refit I found is coal to coke, BUT (for some reason) coke cannot be at station refitted back to coal.
For Tank, Piece goods and Refrigerator wagons I haven't found any useful combinations where x can turn into y, and x is on station refittable to y.

You can test out what is refittable to what like this. For example refit the train in the depot to iron, and then order it to refit at station to slag, coal, etc. You can check at the capacity if it was successful or not.

Now about the depot refitting. Everything can be refitted to everything the game says, but for that you need to send the train into the depot. I used to think this to be very impractical (if you send 50 trains to the same depot that will not end well), but on the courtesy of AllTrainsAreBelongToUs, now I know it is actually possible to use it well.
What I was not aware of that there is an order "Go to nearest depot". With this we can specify multiple depots to do the refitting in instead of a single one. This way not all 50 trains will have to go to the same depot, causing traffic jams.

With this you can refit for example vehicle bodies to vehicles and engineering supplies, even though they are incompatible.

Order train to go to the station (it will load off vehicle bodies).
Order train to go to nearest depot, and refit there to vehicles.
Order train to go to the same station and it will load the vehicles. (If you want it to load both vehicles and engineering supplies, after refitting in the depot to vehicles, at station order it to refit to available cargo. It will refit to whatever it finds and is compatible. Engineering supplies is compatible with vehicles. Although if you use "refit to available cargo", then the first time you have to jumpstart it, because at the first time there is nothing at the station to load, it will not refit to anything. So in this case before the first time have 2 trucks load at the station, one for vehicles, and the other for engineering supplies.)
This way we successfully mimicked on station refitting with incompatible cargos.

At the other end of the line now you have vehicles/engineering supplies as cargo type, but you want to load vehicles bodies (which is not at station refittable).

Order the train to go to the waypoint.
Order train to go to nearest depot, and refit there to vehicles bodies.
Order the train to go to the station.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, Inscius, tomb, CalamityJohn
  • NaB
  • Thank you received: 6

Last edit: by NaB.

FIRS refit combinations chart or something alike. 2 years 6 months ago #8022

Thanks NaB! Hope to try this out next time!

FIRS refit combinations chart or something alike. 1 month 1 week ago #8445

I was googling something else (refrigerator wagons and how they work) and saw this thread and it peaked my interest =)
I only skimmed through so please forgive me if answer is already here but here goes:

For some of the wagons cargoes they can be refitted to are split into groups. You can refit at station for free between cargoes within one group and sometimes also from group A to group B but not the other way around (B to A). Reasoning behind this is that after you transport coal or scrap metal the wagons must be then cleaned before food related cargo can be transported such as fruit or grain and this can be only done in a depo. But you can refit between coal, clay, sand, stone etc for free at a station.

To see the groups you can go to newgrf settings, select the trainset newgrf and open readme - some cargoes are missing (for example recyclables) but most of them is there and checks out. Another thing that helps me to navigate this is I enabled in the advanced settings option to display newgrf name in the vehicle information window so that I know which set a wagon or engine belongs to.

Hope this helps somebody =)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 FIRS refit combinations chart or something alike. - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.