Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Server changes 7 years 3 months ago #5776

TheDude wrote: Frank, if you want to congratulate someone, it's mainly xi and me. Except for last two features from the list, the authors are mainly xi and me. Rest is just well done copy pasting from luukland/novapolis code.

It's nice though, there's use for it.

Indeed you are right The_Dude, my appologies. I was just referring to the work that ST2 did to actually make it work with BTPro servers, but you are right that the original credits go completely to xi and you! Very happy that you shared that code :)

I didn't mean to offend or exclude someone, again my appologies if you felt that way because of my words.

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Server changes 7 years 3 months ago #5778

There was no offense, but I wanted to emphasize who stands behind the work behind the patch. Merging it to your servers was sure some work too, but it's not the same compared to inventing it, testing it and improving it.

I know that Novapolis team was mentioned (which was just me and Muxy), but main work was done by Luukland team, especially xi and maybe Muxy on that part. Even Luukland himself should be credited, because he came with many ideas, that would not be implemented without his visions. I did some bigger optimalization with Muxy on it when xi retired during Luukland/Novapolis time with some new functions.
Admin of Novapolis OpenTTD servers, www.novapolis.net
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, tomb
  • TheDude
  • Novapolis admin
  • Thank you received: 11

Server changes 7 years 3 months ago #5780

I think I still need to say this, to clarify things:

At any point I wanted to give the idea that was my creation! Even on the features that were! I made a "Thank you", with a link, to the page where source was released. I only had a vague idea of the people directly involved but didn't wanted to take the risk of mention some and, possibly, forget others! And that's where my suggestion enters: If you consider that so important, maybe it's a good idea to place some information about that where the source is available.

Although greatly appreciated also, at some point I felt that you wanted me to specifically send special mentions to Charles Babbage, Alan Turing, Dennis Ritchie, Linus Torvalds, Bill Gates, Chris Sawyer, Ludvig Strigeus and/or mention all OpenTTD devs too. Anyway, this is not the point, was just what I felt!

In the mean time, my above suggestion prevails, to avoid future misunderstandings.
I'll edit the main post with the credits you suggested because they are deserved. Thank you :)
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Server changes 7 years 2 months ago #5865

From times to times, a wild troll appears in our servers making short trains with the only intention of destroying competitors Road Vehicles (RV's). It's one of the nastiest and highly damnable behaviours that mostly ends with the ban of the player. As known, and understandable, admins can't be online 24/7 since personal life's "fierce attacks" sometimes ^^

I'm posting this change in advance (without being applied yet on the servers) to people get used to it.
Seems a bit drastic and will require some adjustments to each one's gameplay, old habits, etc. But remember, it's for the greater good of the peaceful and fair games :)
So, the change is:

- Crossings check: Server side options to Allow or Prohibit "Rails crossing Roads" and/or "Roads crossing Rails" with an option to add an exception in case if the crossing happens inside the Town claimed area (only applies on CB servers). The alternatives are obvious: bridge or tunnel ^^

On the time I'm writing this reply, above changes are only running on server #97, with both crossing types only allowed inside claimed area. That means that on the servers with other goal types the crossings are totally forbidden. This will be, probably, the settings to apply later, on the regular servers. Feel free to give a run on server #97 and, as always, suggestions are welcome :)

Thank you for your understanding and good games :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, Robertkruijt, tomb
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Server changes 7 years 2 months ago #5866

gyazo.com/067686e5c141c006c278bb83cff29a83

Nice hope these get inplimented
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2

Server changes 7 years 2 months ago #5867

ST2 wrote: From times to times, a wild troll appears in our servers making short trains with the only intention of destroying competitors Road Vehicles (RV's). It's one of the nastiest and highly damnable behaviours that mostly ends with the ban of the player. As known, and understandable, admins can't be online 24/7 since personal life's "fierce attacks" sometimes ^^

I'm posting this change in advance (without being applied yet on the servers) to people get used to it.
Seems a bit drastic and will require some adjustments to each one's gameplay, old habits, etc. But remember, it's for the greater good of the peaceful and fair games :)
So, the change is:

- Crossings check: Server side options to Allow or Prohibit "Rails crossing Roads" and/or "Roads crossing Rails" with an option to add an exception in case if the crossing happens inside the Town claimed area (only applies on CB servers). The alternatives are obvious: bridge or tunnel ^^

On the time I'm writing this reply, above changes are only running on server #97, with both crossing types only allowed inside claimed area. That means that on the servers with other goal types the crossings are totally forbidden. This will be, probably, the settings to apply later, on the regular servers. Feel free to give a run on server #97 and, as always, suggestions are welcome :)

Thank you for your understanding and good games :D

Well done ST2 :-) I think this will for sure improve gameplay for all players :-)

KUDOS :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, ase34

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Server changes - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.