Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to use the rules as wappon with adminhelp 9 years 6 months ago #3549

Hi first of all i just play OpenTTD for fun, i dont give sth on points or ranks, thats why i wasnt registered till now.

I really loved to play OpenTTD at BTPRO cause of the really friendly admins and the rules.

Let us watch the rule with the full-load-cars in shared citys, why is it allowed to use full load if there are no cars of other players? Yes, clearly nobody else got an disadvantage from that.

And if there are cars from another player..... sure the first player have to remove the full load.

And if the cars are only there that the first player have to remove the full load and thats the only reason why the second player build them there......... CHIZZLE answered me on this hypothetik scenario that he will find that its not ok cause its sabotage to build only cars to get an disadvantage to the other player.
So far so ok.....

Now why i write:

I got a game this evening where i build a big railway network at an city and to be honest with 7 rail tracks to one station there are some rails around the city so the city where covered on 2,5 sides with my tracks.
At least i watched that the south end is open that another player can use the city.

Another player than called the admin and Chizzle come.

He Told me to remove my Rails from 1 more side of the city cause citys have to be free on 2 sides.
Ok the rule is fair, so far...... like the full stop cars....

my problem is:
the other player only called the admin that i have remove my essential railtracks, cause he was short behind me with the scores of the citizens and he have known that if i have to interrupt this trains he goes infront of me.

As chizzle said it i removed instantly one track complete that the city was open on 2 sides.
And..... the player that reported me at the admins didnt build than anything !!!!!, he only reported cause he have seen how to use the rules for his advantage.

About 15 Minutes later he build than a train station in this city, and u know where....... in the south !!! where before there where enough space to build an mega station.

So now a final question: are there rules that should protect players from unfair behaviours or are the rules there to be followed word by word?
In the first case: thank you chizzle to help him use the rules against me as weappon.

In the second case: its not forbidden to build trucks in a city where players still got full stop trucks, right? with the only reason that he have to remove it. THAT WILL BE EXACTLY THE SAME LIKE HAPPENED TO ME WITH THE HELP OF CHIZZLE

And CHIZZLE: ask DNK why i called him in the game after …... your loved rule-follower-player: ????????????? destroyed citys to build his stations !!!

Nice that u helped this player to watch that the rules get followed !!!!!!!!!!!! ironic

Till this evening i thought that the rules got sences and not like laws written word by word, you as admin can only say : word by word, or by scence
but not say at the one player: sorry u have to do it cause this are the rules EVEN IF U DONT BLOCK ANYBODY and on the other side YES THIS ARE THE RULES BUT IF U USE THE RULES LIKE THAT ITS SABOTAGE

THATS UNFAIR AND TILL NOW I DIDNT EXPECTED THIS FROM YOU ADMINS

BYE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to use the rules as wappon with adminhelp 9 years 6 months ago #3551

Yes, everything depends on the situation, but no, there are no exceptions to the rules.

And the line between sabotage and having others play by the rules is sometimes very thin. Adminning isn't an easy thing to do on OTTD, a lot of rulebreaks and trolling are very clear, but there's also players that try to stretch the rules, try to bend them, or just try to make the playing experience for others miserable, it's sometimes hard to judge fairly, without anyone getting disappointed. All the admins also do this in their free time, so keep that all in mind.

I also like how you're so open to a discussion or to exchanging thoughs on the situations, that you write 'bye' at the end. It sounds like you just wrote this and then never coming back.

That's just some of my thoughts after reading this, without knowing what happened, or reading back the logs. I will do this when I have some more time, but I also want the persons named in your post to be able to give their point of view before that.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

How to use the rules as wappon with adminhelp 9 years 6 months ago #3552

more like a complement to vGelder said:
saying that "i just play OpenTTD for fun" and after it come with all this anger gave me immediatly an idea, but lets continue.

In my opinion, and inside of what's possible, rules are very clear. If an admin asks you to fix a situation that's breaking the rules, you must comply. It doesn't matter why an admin is asking you that: can be an admin call (this case) or a random visit from the admin among the servers. I guess here we are clear.

I'm happy that you respected what admin asked you to do. But let me say, the rest looks like a hotheaded reaction with words. Ofc, only my opinion, the persons named will have the chance of sharing theirs.
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

How to use the rules as wappon with adminhelp 9 years 6 months ago #3553

Haha maybe a bit hot headed it is :D

but only because of the frustration that an admin uses the rules not by theyr sence

and sorry the bye at the end better would have been gn9t :(

its ok if you use the rules exactly by words, but it will be more understandable than if u write in the rules if a train track is near the city how many distance there should have been that its not counted as surrounded.

Better, fairer and more understandable it would be if u use the rules by sence.

And then it would have been so easy:
>>Admin asks the player: Do you want to build there a station?
If the players says yes: the admin can look if theres space
>>>>if theres no space, admin HAVE TO advice me to remove sth, its unfair if i block somebody.
>>>>if theres space to build admi,n can say him „just build there“
If the player says: no its just about the rules
admin can easyily say that the player that called the admin didnt got an disadvantage from me.

and ST: the rules say that there will be no full stop busses in shared citys, if i go there
and build busses in a city only to stop his full stops by rules it is ok, its no sabotage its only transportation ;) (Thats hypothetic !!!! i dont plan this (maybe execpt by chizzles beloved rule breaker player „????? „ hrhrhrhr))

as soon as ur intrepreting (that theres an sabotage thought behind) you use the rules not by theyr words ;)

at least i have shown in this game that i respect you admins (and to be honest, its really cool you spend so much time respekt for that)
but i think there should be a way to diskuss if there are problems, if you finish the diskussion with the words THESE ARE THE RULES...... ask yourself if you use the rules only by theyr words or you use them by theyr aim

in my case if the player would have asked me before calling the admin „i want to build in this city can you remove sth pls //// i want to build in this city but you break the rules......“ there would have been no need to call an admin.

It says much if a player calls an admin without interacting before with the other player..
And if players like that than gain admin support for theyr behaviours they sure continue.

(as i have written in the first post exactly this player destroys city in the next game till the dark orange status to build an station, and that i reported ((Than DNK come)) (maybe it was a bit childish but i hoped chizzle will come and see what his holy-rule-follower do (and that was sth that give him an advantage !!! (better Station Position))

Or do you want to support somebody in winning searching rule misstakes by another player?

@st:
…... give u immediently an idea...... after the persons sayed sth to the situation maybe you can say your idea :D im really intterrested

thx 4 the answers and gn8t

Last edit: by Feurigel.

How to use the rules as wappon with adminhelp 9 years 6 months ago #3554

but i think there should be a way to diskuss if there are problems, if you finish the diskussion with the words THESE ARE THE RULES...... ask yourself if you use the rules only by theyr words or you use them by theyr aim

There is, it's what we're doing now. And there are plenty and plenty of topics, either in this section, or the rules section, about the rules. About how they should be interpretated, suggestions for change, etc.. It's also why we don't remove topics like these, because we try to be as honest and fair as we can be, and we try to be as open as we can be.

Anyway, enough from me on the sidelines of this discussion, good night ;)
  • vGelder
  • Thank you received: 55

Last edit: by vGelder.

How to use the rules as wappon with adminhelp 9 years 6 months ago #3556

well, then I'll try to say this with simple words:

the rules say that there will be no full stop busses in shared citys, if i go there and build busses in a city only to stop his full stops by rules it is ok, its no sabotage its only transportation ;) (Thats hypothetic !!!! i dont plan this (maybe execpt by chizzles beloved rule breaker player „????? „ hrhrhrhr))

- all servers have goals, if you start what you call "transportation" "only to stop his full stops" and not to help your company reach the goal... It's pure sabotage! it's similar to compete in primary resources (allowed by rules) delivering to closest industries only to ruin other players profit/town deliveries/demands. It's sabotage. Period.
- I don't like your innuendo, when in fact the player do much for this servers, keeping rule breakers and trollers away, using his spare time, while he could be simply enjoying a peacefull game. And not only creates an account to complain, like you did!
- So please, understand that he was trying his best, as we all do, and I'll suggest you: before complain about something, candidate yourself to an admin place! In other words, "we all hate the police until we're the ones being robbed"!

in my case if the player would have asked me before calling the admin „i want to build in this city can you remove sth pls //// i want to build in this city but you break the rules......“ there would have been no need to call an admin.

- Any player needs to ask that: you simply respect our server rules and don't block towns or primary industries. note: the vice-versa applies too. Common sense say too that when 2 or 3 players are already using a town, you can't expect same space as their companies! I guess we're clear here too!

Or do you want to support somebody in winning searching rule misstakes by another player?

- answered above. put your shoes on the admin ground (or try) and we'll talk better on how hard it is. I got dissapointed with this question from you but, as I said, applications are open, link here . If you feel ready and prepared, help is always welcome. and at least you could see the "other side" and how we support somebody in winnings! (irony)

…... give u immediently an idea...... after the persons sayed sth to the situation maybe you can say your idea :D im really intterrested

- the fact that words called your attention, says me that I'm not wrong at all, especially if you add the rest of my words: ""i just play OpenTTD for fun" and after it come with all this anger". The concept of "play for fun" must be lost over years, but I'll give you an example: I'm one of the OpenTTD players that most games play... but almost never finish them - that means: I almost always lose!
- Now, if you allow me, I'll keep the rest of my idea to me - I guess I have that right and won't take the same "innuendo's" path.

PS: as can be noticed, all above are global, as possible. Same happens with our ruleset - we always try short versions - reason: if a player don't read 10 rules, for sure won't read 200. tl;dr excuse. Hope you understand that too :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2. Reason: typo
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 How to use the rules as wappon with adminhelp - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.