Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Points? 9 years 4 months ago #3737

I see no reason in keeping it a secret. By releasing the formula you will most likely see even more competitive players on servers ;)
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Points? 9 years 4 months ago #3738

If you post the whole formula including all the plusses and minuses will result in people focussing on a specific things which brings in more points in a game, which ultimately results in boring games and people walking away BECAUSE it is so boring...

What about that Saber? :-P

Points? 9 years 4 months ago #3739

If you want to see where you need to focus more you can do a mini "reverse engineering' in the scoring system. You could keep a spreadsheet with things like the cv, playtime, performance, number of vehicles. At some point (enough games and analyzing) a pattern will probably emerge. Might be worth it if you want to maximize score (although there is a big chance that it will be a typical case of too much work for too little benefit).

@Frank: you might be right although if the scoring system is balanced enough (which I think it is for the most part on Btpro) there would be little harm to gameplay if people try to maximize score as they have a lot of areas to focus on regardless.

Points? 9 years 4 months ago #3740

At the end of the day, I imagine that most people would rather win than get a few extra points :-)

Points? 9 years 4 months ago #3741

And reality is that in the 4 and 8k CB games it would make a difference of 0-1 points only usually. And if you waste time on trying to get that extra point, you might actually lose points because an opponent beat you, or you took longer to reach the goal.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Points? - Page 4 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.