Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Points? 10 years 6 months ago #2330

OK I am new to this mod- last time I played openttd was when it was first realeased and messed around locally.

How do I score points? I played City Builder and made money, had laods of trains and ppl comming in but still scored 0? At least 1 point.. common

I cannot find too much in the wiki either. How do i score?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Points? 10 years 6 months ago #2331

hi :)

Well, to score points... most important is to be logged in ingame. For that, click on Game Login link on top menu, copy the line !login XXXX and paste in game chat. you can always check if logged in with !me command. Or, last but not the least, you can use our BTPro client to have login task done with a single click ^^

As the name says, the goal in Citybuilder mode is to build a town to the desired goal, providing what town needs (can see it clicking on town name). All starts by placing your company HQ's near a town (below 500 pop and not labelled as ..:: City ::..). Will appear signs showing the area around claimed town (aka claimed area). After this... give the town what needs to grow :)

The CV goals are more simple... make cash and profit :D
In both cases, it's important to be logged in to score points to your account.

Other option to what might happened is: you haven't reached the min values to score (not a fixed value, depends of game length, etc etc).

hope this helps and enjoy the games :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.

Points? 10 years 6 months ago #2332

In citybuilder the goal is to have a town with for example 8000 population. So if you didn't even claimed a town than of course you don't get points when the goal is reached. In citybuilder it doesn't matter how much company value you have.
You can claim the town to be yours by placing your HQ near it. Only towns that are smaller than 500 population can be claimed. If you click on the town's name then it shows what the town needs to grow.
First do some money then start to transport the required things to the town. Watch how pros are doing so you can improve your technique and in some time maybe you will be a good citybuilder player too.
  • NaB
  • Thank you received: 6

Points? 10 years 6 months ago #2333

waw, st2 was faster :P
  • NaB
  • Thank you received: 6

Points? 10 years 6 months ago #2334

:P

but your post adds new stuff too. watching pros playing it's always a precious tip ^^
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Points? 10 years 6 months ago #2335

Hi Thanks for replies

Yes I use the client with auto login function. I build my HQ, I get a town and it creates my "area" what ever that means.

I build atleast 4 connections and pump people into my town and back to the others.I then expand to long distance cities and transport even more ppl. In the mean time I do some simple connections for money.

Last game I was like 4 out of 9... 0 points?

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Points? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.