Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Possible END of BTPro OpenTTD Community 3 years 4 months ago #7344

Hi,

I play sometimes on the city builder Aphid server, it is the one I like most.
It would be so sad not having it anymore. Since I dont have time to moderate, the question is: Can one save BTPro with money alone and if so, how much is needed?
The following user(s) said Thank You: harigfruit
The topic has been locked.

Possible END of BTPro OpenTTD Community 3 years 4 months ago #7345

Well... let me say this politically correct (or at least try ;-) ): money is not ONLY the issue here.

When I started this community I wanted to have a place where there are some rules. And due to those rules it would make the gameplay competitive and fun. Now we have the rules in place but no cops to check the players if they follow them. Thats pretty sad for a community what I would like it to be.

Again, lately i heared some complains from other players saying that trolls were screwing up their games, so I just got a little frustrated about that and was wondering what everyone was thinking... thats why I opened this topic :-)

Now, in a few days I received a lot of comments on the possible closing, even from old moderators. I want to keep it online, but maybe with a cutdown on the amount of servers or something... then we can possibly slim down from 2 dedicated servers to 1 and cut down on costs.

Anyways, to be continued :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cortex, BlueBox, Inscius
  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 373

Possible END of BTPro OpenTTD Community 3 years 4 months ago #7347

In regards to the lack of moderation/rule enforcement, though I’ve definitely noticed a decrease in moderator activity, I can’t say I’ve encountered many bad actors in my games (though this may vary from server to server, as I said in my previous post, I mostly play K1). Most people play in good faith. That’s not to say moderation isn’t an issue though. Any time bad behaviour goes unaddressed, that’s a really bad experience for the affected players.

Cutting some servers could actually be a good change. At the moment, I think the BTPro server list looks a bit cluttered, and most of the time there are more servers than players . Though it does bring up the question of which servers to cut. There are several servers that have very little activity (for instance, at the time of writing, it’s been almost a month since the last registered score on server 29), but beyond those, it becomes a more complicated question.
  • Inscius
  • Don't believe anyone. Including me.
  • Thank you received: 59

Possible END of BTPro OpenTTD Community 3 years 3 months ago #7379

Have had endless hours of fun on the BTPRO communities. By far the best servers out there. The points system makes it worth playing so would like to see that remain in 2021 if possible.

I think running a vote on which servers to cut would make sense. I like FIRS and cargo goal most.

Thanks for creating and running so long :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, harigfruit, Anni, Wacko1976, tomb, sergunff
Last edit: by mwise.

Possible END of BTPro OpenTTD Community 3 years 3 months ago #7393

i've been playing this server since years ago ... and i hope it will stay up tho.. thanks to all admins and everyone who help this server running smoothly and taking care all the problems along the way...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, peron22

Possible END of BTPro OpenTTD Community 3 years 3 months ago #7394

Hello Frank, I hope you continue. It's a lot of fun to play on the server. I think everyone who plays here can make a donation. Get in touch if you don't have enough money! Greetings Jörg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Possible END of BTPro OpenTTD Community - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.